Windows 10: Issue when running Quick scan

Discus and support Issue when running Quick scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It told me to click to do a quick scan and I did it it loads and loads and it will not stop any thing I can do to make it stop loading or finish what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ajsfishing, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Issue when running Quick scan

It told me to click to do a quick scan and I did it it loads and loads and it will not stop any thing I can do to make it stop loading or finish what its doing way faster.[Original Title: virus scanner]

:)

ajsfishing, Sep 14, 2021
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Compumind Win User

Issue when running Quick scan

Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Issue when running Quick scan

1. Issue when running Quick scan - Similar Threads - Issue running Quick

2. W10 Pro Quick Scan indicates to run a Quick Scan again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10 Pro Quick Scan indicates to run a Quick Scan again: In Windows 10 Pro x64 19043.1202, each time I run a virus scan, it keeps showing "Last scan: Not available" and the yellow indicator remains present on that I need to run another scan.How can this get corrected? This was working great until one of the recent updates...
  3. Quick Scan runs forever

Quick Scan runs forever: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes.[Original Title: Quick Scan] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-runs-forever/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  4. Windows Defender Quick Scans Issues

Windows Defender Quick Scans Issues: Laptop PC running Win 10 Pro, 64-bit, v21H1. Running only Windows Defender with new viral definitions files being installed regularly via Windows Update. This PC has never had any other anti-viral software installed. The Windows Defender icon in notification area had a yellow...
  5. Unable to run quick scan on window defender.

Unable to run quick scan on window defender.: i have the attached error message. can someone knows how to fix it guide me on this please. have to say that i am noob with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-run-quick-scan-on-window-defender/424e0795-0bde-4795-8e4f-bc30cff9f987
  6. Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.: Split from this thread. Im having the same problem quick scan just runs and runs, I update windows pretty much everytime I start up. it appears to be up to date...
  7. Quick Scan won't run

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Scan won't run: I'm trying to run Quick Scan but doesn't seem to run, and where do you go to set a scan schedule? Went to Microsoft>Task Scheduler but every page is grayed-out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-scan-wont-run/deac5c0d-5815-486f-b4dd-b1271862d2d1
  8. Can only run a quick scan

Can only run a quick scan: When I try to run a complete or custom scan neither one finishes, my computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can run either of these without computer shutting down? Thanks Bob...
  9. quick scan not running automatically

quick scan not running automatically: My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs....
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....