Windows 10: Issue when try update the Windows Defender

Discus and support Issue when try update the Windows Defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Issue when try update the Windows Defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xaviTx, Feb 12, 2019.

1. xaviTx Win User

Issue when try update the Windows Defender

:)

xaviTx, Feb 12, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 12, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows Defender issues following Windows10 Creator Update Version 1703

Hello,

There may be a few possible reasons why Windows Defender would suddenly have performance issues. To further assess on this, kindly provide the information listed below:

• Did this issue occur only after the Creators Update?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are you getting any error message when trying to launch Windows Defender Security Center?
    • does this issue also happens to other Windows app or programs?
    • What's the status of your CPU and Memory performance (Task Manager) when this issue starts to happen?
    In the mean time, we suggest checking if your Windows Defender is currently on the latest version, and update it if otherwise. You can find more information about Windows Defender updates
    here.

Keep us posted for any changes or outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue when try update the Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Issue try update

2. Error 0x80004002 when trying updating Windows Defender under Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80004002 when trying updating Windows Defender under Windows 11: Error 0x80004002 when trying updating Windows Defender under Windows 11. How can I repare that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80004002-when-trying-updating-windows/b9e3fa5d-538d-45ea-8dae-a56e9dc2090a
  3. Error 0x80004002 when trying updating Windows Defender under Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80004002 when trying updating Windows Defender under Windows 11: Error 0x80004002 when trying updating Windows Defender under Windows 11. How can I repare that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80004002-when-trying-updating-windows/b9e3fa5d-538d-45ea-8dae-a56e9dc2090a
  4. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  5. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  6. trying to update my windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trying to update my windows defender: How can I update my windows defender because I have tried many times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trying-to-update-my-windows-defender/934e5c6c-9985-40bd-aff7-90d725cac35b
  7. Defender Update Issues

Defender Update Issues: I'm looking at a Lenovo AIO for a friend. It is running 21H1, 64bit, home edition on an AMD processor and since that was loaded by Windows Update, automatically there have been issues with Defender updates. Initially, there were failures to install KB2267602 and KB4052623. It...
  8. Issue when try to update to Windows 10 Pro v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue when try to update to Windows 10 Pro v2004: My Windows 10 Pro v1909 OS Build 18363.900 working fine. New feature update available message found on windows update screen. When try to update to new ver 2004, it download and try to install, after a long time it restarted and say upgrade failed. No indication on why this...
  9. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

Windows Update and Windows defender issues: Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s Windows 10 Pro Education. I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes' and won't check for updates. Another is that the Windows...
  10. Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled

Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled: My Windows Update is disabled(I update when I see that updates don't break anything). I had Avast so no problem with updating this antivirus. Is there any way to make Defender update even if Windows Update is disabled? Of course, automatically, manually updating an antivirus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to assess is not ava