Windows 10: Issue when using 2 microphones input

Discus and support Issue when using 2 microphones input in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried today to connect the audio output of my switch to my Line-IN port to be able to have both the sound of the console and PC at the same time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arcenixx, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Issue when using 2 microphones input

I tried today to connect the audio output of my switch to my Line-IN port to be able to have both the sound of the console and PC at the same time. After checking the box "listen to this device" everything but my microphone was working. When I looked at it it was muted, but if I unmute it I can hear it in my headset even if "listen to this device" isn't checked for this device.

Is there any way to have them working individually?

submitted by /u/arcenixx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arcenixx, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 9, 2020
  4. zvainzHD Win User

Issue when using 2 microphones input

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Issue when using 2 microphones input

1. Issue when using 2 microphones input - Similar Threads - Issue using microphones

2. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  3. Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11: So recently i was playing Valorant with my mic but when I enable access riot games to use my microphone my keyboard has an input delay, when I'm not in a call or using my microphone, my keyboard turns out fine. I am using Windows and I have no clue how to fix this problem....
  4. Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11: So recently i was playing Valorant with my mic but when I enable access riot games to use my microphone my keyboard has an input delay, when I'm not in a call or using my microphone, my keyboard turns out fine. I am using Windows and I have no clue how to fix this problem....
  5. Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously: I am using a surface pro with video capture software, I am looking to have 2 people use separate headsets to speak for the video. When I go to my input settings it only allows me to select one. Is this possible to do?...
  6. Microphone input

Microphone input: I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS....
  7. Microphone Input Issue with Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Input Issue with Headphones: [ATTACH] There is just no input after selecting my headphones as the source. It doesn't even show the bar, which it does if I chose my normal pc mic. Tried to troubleshoot, no result....
  8. Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input

Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input: I plugged in a USB turntable but the only input where I get sound is the MICROPHONE input. I changed it's input to 24bit Stereo and clicked LISTEN, so I can now hear the sound. Unfortunately the internal microphone is still on so I'm getting lots of echo. I've turned off...
  9. Microphone issue when i'm using headphone

Microphone issue when i'm using headphone: I'm using Havit h2590bt wireless headpgone. When I connected the headphone the microphone didn't work. I connected it correctly and volume levels are ok. What should i do now?...
  10. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...