Windows 10: Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint

Discus and support Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,My name is Koby. I have recently encountered a problem with my Windows 11 laptop, where when I sign in, I add my fingerprint and it says I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KobyH, Apr 26, 2022.

1. KobyH Win User

Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint

Hello,My name is Koby. I have recently encountered a problem with my Windows 11 laptop, where when I sign in, I add my fingerprint and it says I need to use my PIN as well. I should only need to use the fingerprint, not the PIN because otherwise does that not defeat the purpose of the fingerprint? Thanks so much for any help.Device Specs:Computer: Dell Inspiron 14" 2-in-1 AMD Ryzen 5000 series 7 versionStorage: 512 GB SSDRAM: 16 GB 15.4 GB UsableOS: Windows 11 HomeComputer Age: Less than 1 year old

:)

KobyH, Apr 26, 2022
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Apr 26, 2022
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. AliaZaki Win User

Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint

Cannot sign-in using PIN or fingerprint

Hello,

I just got my laptop repaired and now for some reason, I am unable to use my PIN or fingerprint to sign-in. I've removed the previous fingerprint and scanned for a new one and when Windows prompted me to add a PIN, I get an error. I can't even manually add
    a PIN. The error says, "We couldn't sign you in. Request is not supported."

AliaZaki, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint - Similar Threads - Issue where need

2. I have an issue with login, using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue with login, using fingerprint: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin also, it...
  3. I have an issue with login, using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue with login, using fingerprint: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin also, it...
  4. I forgot my pin password now i cant use my fingerprint anymore i already answered the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my pin password now i cant use my fingerprint anymore i already answered the...: Awuuww https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-password-now-i-cant-use-my/aff38b0d-dde2-486d-8d59-c304a251cf1d
  5. I forgot my pin password now i cant use my fingerprint anymore i already answered the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin password now i cant use my fingerprint anymore i already answered the...: Awuuww https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-password-now-i-cant-use-my/aff38b0d-dde2-486d-8d59-c304a251cf1d
  6. I forgot my pin password now i cant use my fingerprint anymore i already answered the...

7. sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten: i recently changed my device login pin , I have already added my fingerprint, but on lock screen on choosing sign in method as pingerprint it is not signing in by fingerprint nor by Ms account password , it is again ann again asking for pin...
  8. sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten

sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten: i recently changed my device login pin , I have already added my fingerprint, but on lock screen on choosing sign in method as pingerprint it is not signing in by fingerprint nor by Ms account password , it is again ann again asking for pin...
  9. I cannot use fingerprint to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use fingerprint to sign in: Hello.I just bought a brand new Acer Swift 14 which has Windows 11 installed as OS, at the beginning I was able to use the fingerprint to log in, but suddenly my computer asks me only for my pin or my email password to log in, I cannot see the fingerprint option...
  10. Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue where I need to use PIN to sign in when I have already scanned my fingerprint: Hello,My name is Koby. I have recently encountered a problem with my Windows 11 laptop, where when I sign in, I add my fingerprint and it says I need to use my PIN as well. I should only need to use the fingerprint, not the PIN because otherwise does that not defeat the...