Windows 10: Issue while shutting down laptop

Discus and support Issue while shutting down laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently from past 4-5 day have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Avi aVi Avi, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Issue while shutting down laptop

Hello,

I recently from past 4-5 day have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans somewhat indicating that the resourses of the laptop are being used and my laptop almost becomes unusable that time as i can't boot it back during that time. Also the boot time time taken to boot the laptop has increased drastically, earlier it used to boot almost instantaneously. It is not a hardware issue as my laptop is packed with an ssd. Also the performace of my laptop has gone down dramatically. It took over 4 seconds just to open settings.I tried uninstalling recently installed updates but i couldn't uninstall the recently installed cumulative update installed on 14th August.

Here are some specs of my laptop:

AMD Ryzen 5

Radeon Vega graphics

512 GB SSD

Can anybody help me with issue!!!

:)

Avi aVi Avi, Aug 31, 2020

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Issue while shutting down laptop

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Issue while shutting down laptop

1. Issue while shutting down laptop - Similar Threads - Issue while shutting

2. Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down issue: I can't seem to shut down my computer. The only thing that the computer will do is reset. Before I switched to Windows, I was using a HAckintosh. The Hackintosh is known for the shutdown not working. Can anybody give me any tips on what to do. Windows is working fine but...
  3. Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down issue: I can't seem to shut down my computer. The only thing that the computer will do is reset. Before I switched to Windows, I was using a HAckintosh. The Hackintosh is known for the shutdown not working. Can anybody give me any tips on what to do. Windows is working fine but...
  4. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  5. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  6. Shutting down issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down issue: Hi,my notebook has Windows 10,the notebook shuts off without any warning at 45-50% battery level. And whenever I turn on the power it doesn't come on except I plug in the AC adapter. Can Windows be the problem? Because I get changed Thermal paste and battery but it didn't...
  7. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  8. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  9. Shutting Down Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Issue: Hi there! Have you noticed the last days a strange issue, on Windows software? I can not shut down my laptop, so I get forced to press the button of laptop.... Is it a Window's Update issue? Will it be improved? submitted by /u/Phoenixz02 [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using: Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power. I'm posting the Log. I tried updating my drivers, but still the problem is not resolved. Please help me. Log Name: System Source:...