Windows 10: Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.

Discus and support Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey Community Support, I recently wanted to switch users for Personal Use and I figured out that I really couldn't. I tried all possible methods,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AkshatRakesh2021, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.

Hey Community Support,

I recently wanted to switch users for Personal Use and I figured out that I really couldn't. I tried all possible methods, some including CTRL + ALT + DEL and then clicking on Switch User and many other methods, but I couldn't come up with how to switch users in my Windows 10. Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10. 94633b9d-9084-482c-8f24-50e527827e83?upload=true.png

It also shows the account exists in the 'Other Users' tab, but it doesn't show up when I click on my account to switch user. So how do I go about solving this problem?

Thanks in Advance!

- AkshatRakesh2021

:)

AkshatRakesh2021, Feb 15, 2021

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10. choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 15, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.

1. Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Issue while Switching

2. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running both the users in background while using switch user: Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background....
  3. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running both the users in background while using switch user: Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background....
  4. Issue with Windows while switching applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows while switching applications: When I am using Google Chrome and I use alt tab to quick switch to a different application, it will sometimes white out and you can't see what your switching to or it will just open up on the page and all use see is white letters and to use it you have to minimize google...
  5. Issue with Windows while switching applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows while switching applications: When I am using Google Chrome and I use alt tab to quick switch to a different application, it will sometimes white out and you can't see what your switching to or it will just open up on the page and all use see is white letters and to use it you have to minimize google...
  6. Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User: Hi, Two of our family are using a same workstation. If one of them are logged in and we try change user, the Task Bar doesn't come up after new user login. If we use Task Manager to logoff the inactive user, tha Task Bar come up immediately. Could you help me on this...
  7. Temporary black screen while switching users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Temporary black screen while switching users: Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3 with ssd or its a windows feature. Is the screen that comes up *while switching users* configurable - to something other than...
  8. Switch user in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user in windows 10: I currently have Windows 10, but when I click the start menu to switch user, the switch user button is not there. Nor is it there when I click ctrl+alt+del. Any ideas on what I should do?...
  9. Issue while switching between languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue while switching between languages: Hey, I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I started having a weird problem. I have both Hebrew and English keyboards installed and used. Recently when I click to change languages Hebrew is counted 2ce even though it appears on the list only 1ce. So if...
  10. Switch User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch User in Windows 10: How to: Switch User in Windows 10 How to Switch User in Windows 10 If you have more than one user account on your PC, Fast User Switching is an easy way for you to switch between accounts or for another user to sign in to Windows without signing you out or closing your...