Windows 10: Issue with 100% disk space all the time

Discus and support Issue with 100% disk space all the time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what exactly is wrong but I get it all the time, even when there is no activity on my computer, i have tried all the troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bobby_arya, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Issue with 100% disk space all the time

I don't know what exactly is wrong but I get it all the time, even when there is no activity on my computer, i have tried all the troubleshooting online and still the issue persists, i am not sure if the issue going to resolve or should i simply switch to Mac, Windows suck these days,

Issue with 100% disk space all the time 2be2f23e-2751-4d8d-a2aa-1fed2c74afa6?upload=true.png

:)

Bobby_arya, Oct 18, 2020

2. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 18, 2020
  3. TimGrandt Win User
    Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Blar_ Win User

Issue with 100% disk space all the time

100% disk space

My computer has had this problem for months now, and it gets worse everyday. Whenever I open up task manager my disk is nearly always at 100%, and if not it will quickly return to 100%. I've done things such as disable superfetch, chrome extensions, but
    to no avail. What's particularly puzzling about this is that more than half the time nothing displaying on task manager is actually consuming disk space, most of the time about 16.7% is being used by some insignificant Windows process yet the overall usage
    is at 100%. I've found video after video telling me to do x or do y but nothing appears to be working. Any ideas?

Blar_, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Issue with 100% disk space all the time

1. Issue with 100% disk space all the time - Similar Threads - Issue 100% disk

2. Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?: My computer runs very slow and struggles to run basic programs such as Spotify, Chrome, or Steam, especially when running multiple programs at once. It seems to be my disk, as it runs at 100% constantly and I don't know why. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but I'm not...
  3. Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?: My computer runs very slow and struggles to run basic programs such as Spotify, Chrome, or Steam, especially when running multiple programs at once. It seems to be my disk, as it runs at 100% constantly and I don't know why. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but I'm not...
  4. 100% disk space issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk space issue: My HP laptop become very slow . Issue is it's showing 100% disk space usage but my disk space is not even 1/4 full. What's the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-space-issue/7d3d6b65-c8bd-4718-8607-098b37502068
  5. 100% Disk Space.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Space.: Hello, so I've done the search and a few other things but my windows is still saying 100% disk. Yet, the pc is only laggy/freezes when I start it up. Then I give it a few minutes and its fine. I've done a lot of youtube suggestions by turning search off, and the few other...
  6. 100% usage of disk all time

100% usage of disk all time: i have a issue of 100% usage of disk shows in task manager all time and i think it slows down my laptop and everything is starts not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-usage-of-disk-all-time/a4ede68e-b4bb-4791-96a6-96d72510f9cf
  7. 100% Disk-space

100% Disk-space: Hey guys,please help me out. Whenever I start my Laptop the disk-space is entirely full . when I open the task manager ,the disk space used there is always 100% even when there is no program running.This thing always slows down my PC. Solve this issue please....
  8. Hard Disk at 100% all the time

Hard Disk at 100% all the time: Hello... My english is not that good, sorry me please. I think the problem is with Windows Update. When i start my computer it starts downloading updates, it puts the hdd at 100% of use, and makes my computer useless. I have another computer with an ssd and of course this...
  9. 100% disk space

100% disk space: My computer has had this problem for months now, and it gets worse everyday. Whenever I open up task manager my disk is nearly always at 100%, and if not it will quickly return to 100%. I've done things such as disable superfetch, chrome extensions, but to no avail. What's...
  10. Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time: My computer's disk usage is constantly at 100%. when I check the task manager the most disk intensive process is Service Host: Local System (16) which fluctuates between 20MB/s and 1MB/s. 100506