Windows 10: Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

Discus and support Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I did install a new SSD into my Aurora R7. I've unplugged my HDD, installed the SSD, used Windows on an USB and installed the Windows on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matej Šuhajda, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

Recently I did install a new SSD into my Aurora R7. I've unplugged my HDD, installed the SSD, used Windows on an USB and installed the Windows on the SSD. Then formatted the HDD. It works fine and my computer boots in seconds but if I go to BIOS and try to change the boot order the only thing showing there is Windows Boot Manager and some other 2 options which I can specify if needed. There is no sign of the SSD. Thanks for help!

Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager 1c77af4f-dedb-47ad-9851-dc49af1e1cd1?upload=true.jpg

:)

Matej Šuhajda, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 11, 2019
  3. reyemarr Win User
    New windows 10 installation in new SSD changing bios to UEFI boot up

I am planning on buying a new SSD and install a fresh copy of windows on it. However, I want to keep my old copy still working and bootable at least until I have transferred all the important stuff over, so I was thinking on installing a boot manager so
    that I can choose which version of windows to boot.

The questions I have are:

• My old drive booted up using legacy bios/MBR and I want to use GPT/UEFI now. I will setup the new drive accordingly, but i am wondering if I will still be able to boot the old drive once the new drive is GPT/UEFI
    • Any recommendations on which boot manager to use? I was thinking grup2win. Any comments?
    • Should I install the boot manager before or after installing the new windows SSD?
    Thanks all in advance

reyemarr, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

1. Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager - Similar Threads - Issue SSD Boot

2. Windows boot manager or SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager or SSD?: I have installed a new SSD and installed windows 11 on it using a bootable usb. When I go into the bios settings I see my SSD ZEBSD26 in legacy boot mode and Windows Boot Manager in UEFI boot mode. When I boot from the SSD in legacy boot, I get this error "The selected boot...
  3. Windows boot manager or SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot manager or SSD?: I have installed a new SSD and installed windows 11 on it using a bootable usb. When I go into the bios settings I see my SSD ZEBSD26 in legacy boot mode and Windows Boot Manager in UEFI boot mode. When I boot from the SSD in legacy boot, I get this error "The selected boot...
  4. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD: Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to...
  5. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD: Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to...
  6. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot change Windows Boot Manager to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot change Windows Boot Manager to my new SSD: To whom it may concern,As shown in the screenshot of my BIOS utility, my new SSD is not set as the Windows Boot Manager. As a result, I have to keep my old hard drive connected to my computer to ensure that it will boot to Windows 10. I have created a new EFI System...
  8. New NVME SSD - Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New NVME SSD - Windows Boot Manager: Hi all - I'm looking for a little bit of guidance. I have a custom PC (Windows 10 (1909), Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard) and I have just upgraded from a WD 1TB HDD to a 2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVME. I used the Samsung Data Migration software to migrate from the HDD to the...
  9. Issues with new SSD windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with new SSD windows boot manager: Hi, I recently upgraded my SSD to a larger size, when I first powered on my PC it worked fine, but when windows restarted I was put into windows boot manager, and it gave me the error that no HDD was found (error 2100). but when i powered off my PC and Powered it on again, I...
  10. Corrupt boot manager on ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupt boot manager on ssd: I couldn't boot into windows and received the message 'boot manager is corrupted' Created a bootable windows 10 thumbdrive and booted from it, clicked on repair and it just stayed at the loading screen. Happened similarly if i tried to install windows 10. I confirmed it...