Windows 10: Issue with a task manager startup application

Discus and support Issue with a task manager startup application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Magpeye, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Magpeye Win User

Issue with a task manager startup application

So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and it has no publisher? I can't link to the file location so I don't know what it is from. Just worried it might be a virus and I need to know how to get rid of it. It is disabled on startup but it's still there, idk what to do? Or if I should even be worried?

Thanks, guys!

Here's a screenshot of what I am talking about.

Issue with a task manager startup application [​IMG]

:)

Magpeye, Apr 3, 2018
  2. H_Flx Win User

UMonit64.exe error on start up

Disabling ChangeIcon MFC Application from Task Manager's startup apps resolved the issue! Thanks

H_Flx, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Missing msvcp110.dll file

The error is caused by "Autodesk Application Manager" (AdAppMgr.exe in the error message box title).

Open Task manager > Startup tab. If "Autodesk Application Manager" is listed there, right-click and choose Disable.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 3, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Apr 3, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    Right click any column. Name column will do. Enable command line view to get path.

Callender, Apr 3, 2018
  6. Magpeye Win User
    It shows that it is from WinZip, I am okay with that I am just sketched out by why they have to label this way.

Is it still not a virus though right?

Should I still get rid of it?

thanks, guys so much for the help

EDIT: I just went to try and find the .exe in the file location, and it's not even there. I even had hidden items turned on. I am getting a little freaked out. I may be a little too paranoid cause I have broken so many computers trying to do things that were over my head. But I just want to know if I am okay lol *Tongue

Magpeye, Apr 3, 2018
  7. Magpeye Win User
    This is a better screenshot

Magpeye, Apr 3, 2018
  8. f14tomcat Win User

It's basically a harmless program, just Winzip auto-checker and updater. There should also be an option in the program itself to "check for updates". You can't just delete it from Startup thru Windows, but you can prevent it from showing by using an app called Autoruns, from Sysinternals (MS owns Sysinternals) and unchecking the entry.

*ArrowAutoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

f14tomcat, Apr 3, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Good job, guys! Your excellent answers all came while I was researching to reply, too. So I'll just add that turning off this startup item won't affect 7-Zip behavior at all. You need only remember to check the program occasionally for updates on your own instead. @f14tomcat @Callender @Berton: good work.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 3, 2018
  10. Magpeye Win User
    Hey thanks guys so much! This helped a lot! I think I am going to use sysinternals cause it's just annoying to me, idk why, it just is lol! But thanks so much for the help y'all

Side Note: I am new to the forums, really any forums in general and you guys have blow me away with help and response time! I was expecting replies with in months! But thanks again to all y'all @f14tomcat @Callendar @Berton and @EdTittel

Magpeye, Apr 3, 2018
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    You are welcome, sir!

f14tomcat, Apr 3, 2018
  12. Wynona Win User
    Nope, it surely won't, Ed, since the OP has WinZip.

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. Da Debil made me do it. *Devil

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
  13. Wynona Win User

Welcome to TenForums, Magpeye.

Yes, there is always someone ready, willing, and able to help when you need it.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
  14. Geosammy Win User
    I agree.
    The members and admin of this forum are first-rate.
    I've always been steered in the right direction, with any query, or issue that I've had.*Thumbs

Geosammy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue with a task manager startup application - Similar Threads - Issue task manager

2. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  3. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  4. MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup: Should I disable this program MSASCuiL?Is it potentially harmful for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msascuil-in-task-manager-startup/fae45d8f-d6c4-441f-a920-731870ad8be6
  5. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  6. Startup in Task Manager

Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  7. Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured"

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured": Came across a rather obscure issue this evening on a user's PC. Three of the user's PC programs were listed as "Not Measured" in the Task Manager/Startup tab. Associated with that issue was another issue: those applications should have created icons in the Notification area,...
  8. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  9. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  10. Cannot manage startup tasks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot manage startup tasks?: What's missing in this picture? Hint, I want to manage my startup tasks... [img] 45245

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashed after disable umonit64 in task manager