Windows 10: Issue with a USB microphone that has worked on several OS

Discus and support Issue with a USB microphone that has worked on several OS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I have this XLR to USB converter called the Blue Icicle, and it's failing to initiate(getting error code 10). What's weird is that once in a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Centavo., Jul 8, 2018.

1. Centavo. Win User

Issue with a USB microphone that has worked on several OS

So, I have this XLR to USB converter called the Blue Icicle, and it's failing to initiate(getting error code 10). What's weird is that once in a blue moon it decides to function again. Yes I have ensured that the device isn't damaged, yes I've tried Safe Mode, to me it appears to be an issue concerning the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) driver.

There aren't any drivers for the converter itself and all I have are USB 3.0 ports, so if I disable that I can't use any ports.

:)

Centavo., Jul 8, 2018

2. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Microphone not working!

Hi Mahesh,

To better assist you with the microphone issue, please answer the following questions:

• Does the microphone work on a voice call?
    • Did you change or update anything in the phone settings before the issue happened?
    • Which OS build version is currently running on your phone? To check, just go to
      Settings> System> About> More info.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue with a USB microphone that has worked on several OS - Similar Threads - Issue USB microphone

2. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  3. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  4. USB Microphone Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone Issue: Hello, We are currently seeing an issue around connected USB audio devices on laptops, more specifically the microphone with these devices. The issue will be that the microphone will stop outputting. Going to Sounds > Recording I can see the headset listed as a device;...
  5. USB Microphone Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone Issue: Hello, We are currently seeing an issue around connected USB audio devices on laptops, more specifically the microphone with these devices. The issue will be that the microphone will stop outputting. Going to Sounds > Recording I can see the headset listed as a device;...
  6. USB Microphone Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. USB Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone not working: Hi , I pluged in my USB microphone it recognized it but i open Zoom or Meet to test the mic but i when i talk i cant hear anything Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-not-working/3f09a62d-5849-45cb-986a-095caec83f1b
  8. USB Microphone Not Working

USB Microphone Not Working: So, there are probably a billion threads for these kinds of issues, but I haven't found a fix yet. When I try to connect my USB mic, my computer doesn't even detect it. It's like I haven't even plugged it in at all. Please help!...
  9. Severe Microphone Issues for 2 Months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Severe Microphone Issues for 2 Months: Hello, For the past two months during zoom calls or discord or any usage of the microphone, it has continually muted itself randomly during calls. In order to unmute it, I have to click mute and then unmute on zoom, or I go to troubleshoot recording devices and it says...
  10. USB microphone not working

USB microphone not working: My USB microphone was working last time I used it but now that I have it plugged back in it won't pick up any sound/record. I checked privacy settings , sound settings, driver updates, uninstalling, restarting, unplugging, recording settings I have it set as default and I...