Windows 10: Issue with accessing hard drive

Discus and support Issue with accessing hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I go to the Control panel where I can find my HD. However the Disk management shows that the HD Not Initialized, unallocated...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by William Lybarger, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Issue with accessing hard drive

I go to the Control panel where I can find my HD. However the Disk management shows that the HD Not Initialized, unallocated...

:)

William Lybarger, Nov 2, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Unable to access the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Alan,

As you are facing issues with accessing the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the device under Device Manager/ File Explorer?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Issue with accessing hard drive

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Issue with accessing hard drive

1. Issue with accessing hard drive - Similar Threads - Issue accessing hard

2. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I safely eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  3. Issue accessing an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue accessing an external Hard Drive: I have a My Book World 1TB External Hard drive which is connected to my ethernet port on my router. I can access the drive successfully the first time, but if I close out of the drive and try to access this same drive later I get a message that the network path is not found....
  4. Issue accessing an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue accessing an external Hard Drive: I have a My Book World 1TB External Hard drive which is connected to my ethernet port on my router. I can access the drive successfully the first time, but if I close out of the drive and try to access this same drive later I get a message that the network path is not found....
  5. Issue accessing an external Hard Drive

6. No access to hard drive

No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  7. Hard Drive issues

Hard Drive issues: Having an issue with my external hard drive. I just updated to the new version of windows and that's when it started happening. I've tried uninstalling it, it's up-to-date on its driver, and my PC is fully up-to-date as well. The hard drive shows up on the device manager and...
  8. Hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive issues: My current ssd is running windows 7 and it's starting to fail I want to get a new ssd and download windows 10 but the issue I have is not knowing what's going to happen to the data on my hdd that I have to hold my games and other stuff like pics does anyone k ow what will...
  9. Hard Drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive issue: So i just built a brand new PC, but my hard drive wont appear in disk management. it does appear however in BIOS. I've tried everything from changing SATA ports to updating the drivers. Nothing is working. please help me I've been at this for nearly 2 days....
  10. Hard Drive Access is denied issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Access is denied issue.: first its giving error ( F:\ is not accessible the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable ) i try this cmd (chkdsk /f f:) https://windowsreport.com/access-is-denied-windows-10/ and now i'm getting new error (Access is denied) i changed its Owners permissions and my...