Windows 10: Issue with adding an user computer to domain

Discus and support Issue with adding an user computer to domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hemanthgogineni1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the issue is i am getting an error message saying DC can't be contacted. The error message is as follows.

"

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The domain name "ncrp" might be a NetBIOS domain name. If this is the case, verify that the domain name is properly registered with WINS.

If you are certain that the name is not a NetBIOS domain name, then the following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration.

DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain "ncrp":

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.ncrp

The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
    ncrp-server.ncrp

However no domain controllers could be contacted.

Common causes of this error include:

- Host (A) or (AAAA) records that map the names of the domain controllers to their IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect addresses.

- Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the network or are not running."

I can able to ping my DNS server from that computer. I have done all the DNS settings right.

DNS server is windows server 2008

Computer is windows 10

But the other computers are fine with adding into the domain. Only issue is with this one.

Can some one please help me with this issue. i have tried every possible setting to add it to domain.

Thank you in advance.

:)

hemanthgogineni1, Sep 12, 2018

2. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently.

1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance.

2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin.

3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on domain i.e. Workstation001.

4. Add computer to mydomain.local and when asked for username and password I entered the credentials for the new user.

5. Restarted the PC and signed into mydomain\newuser without any problems.

However now when I try to access the original local Admin account by typing 'Workstation001\local Admin' as the username and then the password. It keeps saying password invalid.

So I logged back into the domain account and tried resetting the password to Admin and then tried signing in as admin again, still no luck.

Currently there are 2 accounts on the computer one of them is a local/domain account for newuser and the other is a local Admin account which I cannot access.

What kind of glitch is this? Should I have not joined the domain through the original Admin account and instead added a local user to the PC 'newuser' and then sign in as that user locally then add them to the domain through their own local account? I didn't think this was necessary.

bluetea55z, Sep 12, 2018
  3. RWOne Win User
    Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Your logon username for local is incorrect.

If the username created was "Admin", then the local machine logon is:

Workstation001\Admin (Omit "Local") It already knows you are logging onto the machine from the machine header.

RWOne, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Issue with adding an user computer to domain

1. Issue with adding an user computer to domain - Similar Threads - Issue adding user

2. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Issues for Domain Users: Just a little insight, I have a new environment all WS2019, two domain controllers, file server, sql server and more, all of that is doing as expected with no issues... Problems...We joined computers to the new domain over the weekend. Since we joined the new domain, we...
  3. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Issues for Domain Users: Just a little insight, I have a new environment all WS2019, two domain controllers, file server, sql server and more, all of that is doing as expected with no issues... Problems...We joined computers to the new domain over the weekend. Since we joined the new domain, we...
  4. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  6. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  7. Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?: I have started working for a charity as an IT volunteer. I have been given a laptop to use. It has 2 users available these being the OldUser and an admin account that just logs onto the PC but has full administrator rights. The charity is on an internal domain lets call it...
  8. Windows 10 issues when adding to Domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 issues when adding to Domain: Hi we are looking to roll out Windows 10 but as soon as we add machines to the domain we loose the start menu and access to the search bar, any suggestions gratefully received...
  9. Issues with Local Users and Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Local Users and Domain: Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to...
  10. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain: Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently. 1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance. 2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin. 3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on...