Windows 10: Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside)

Discus and support Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having this issue for over a year and haven't been able to find anything for it on Google. When I have a Chrome window in fullscreen, 80% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyJVL, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside)

I've been having this issue for over a year and haven't been able to find anything for it on Google. When I have a Chrome window in fullscreen, 80% of the time it won't appear as a window when I alt+tab.

Video here:

https://v.redd.it/r4b6gzmhp9l41

This happens even if the fullscreen window is just a regular website. The fullscreen window also doesn't appear when I try and alt+tab to it from another tab. If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/JohnnyJVL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyJVL, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Siyem Win User

Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab

Well met.

When I play a video in fullscreen with any browser and I alt tab to a window, the video remains in fullscreen behind the new window, so if the window is small I can still see most of the video while attending to the other windows.

In Edge, when I Alt-Tab, the video keeps playing, but it keeps minimized. The behavior I desire is that of the rest of the browsers. Is there a way to make it behave so?

I've searched several times but I've never been able to find any solution, the YouTube enhancer extension doesn't address it.

Apologies if I post in the wrong section, first time posting here and I couldn't see the other.

Thanks in advance.

Siyem, Mar 7, 2020
  3. What is the "magic" of alt+tab?

run in borderless windowed mode, and avoid that requirement of Alt+Tab. it looks the same as fullscreen, but it will fixed issues tied with running in Fullscreen.

jboydgolfer, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside)

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside) Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside)

1. Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside) - Similar Threads - Issue alt+tab fullscreen

2. Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied: As the title said, ever since i upgraded my windows to 11 it starts to have this bug where whenever i have a fullscreen video in chrome ex: youtube, twitch, etc and i pushing alt+tab after several time it will have this bug where the chrome window of that video will get...
  3. Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied: As the title said, ever since i upgraded my windows to 11 it starts to have this bug where whenever i have a fullscreen video in chrome ex: youtube, twitch, etc and i pushing alt+tab after several time it will have this bug where the chrome window of that video will get...
  4. WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games: Hello, I recently installed Windows 11 and noticed an issue that's a bit bothersome. Back in Windows 10, whenever I'd load up a game and tab out of it, the game would "minimize". However, now with Windows 11, when I tab out, the game continues to run in the background of...
  5. WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games: Hello, I recently installed Windows 11 and noticed an issue that's a bit bothersome. Back in Windows 10, whenever I'd load up a game and tab out of it, the game would "minimize". However, now with Windows 11, when I tab out, the game continues to run in the background of...
  6. Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  7. Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  8. google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode: hi, i'm not sure if this is a chrome issue or an OS issue, but when i alt+tab while chrome is in fullscreen mode, the chrome window does not show up as one of the windows to tab to. i remember in the past it did, and suddenly it didnt anymore i have attached a picture of...
  9. Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab: Well met. When I play a video in fullscreen with any browser and I alt tab to a window, the video remains in fullscreen behind the new window, so if the window is small I can still see most of the video while attending to the other windows. In Edge, when I Alt-Tab, the...
  10. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome: I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome. I tried reinstalling windows and I still get the error. I tried letting windows install the video drivers, it BSODs, i tried letting the lenovo update tool...