Windows 10: issue with auto rotation

Discus and support issue with auto rotation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have dell inspiron 3169 with touch support and windows 10 version 1809 when i update my pc from previous versions to oct2018 update, auto rotation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdityaPorwal, Feb 15, 2019.

1. issue with auto rotation

i have dell inspiron 3169 with touch support and windows 10 version 1809

when i update my pc from previous versions to oct2018 update, auto rotation icon and feature is disappeared.

plus auto rotation feature is not working at all.

:)

AdityaPorwal, Feb 15, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      issue with auto rotation [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Feb 15, 2019
  4. issue with auto rotation

there is no option for auto rotation in windows 10 10586

Hi Faizan,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove all the external devices connected to your Tablet., check for the auto-rotate option.

Step 2: Check the auto-rotation setting.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down and click
      Settings.)
    • Tap or click Screen, and tap or click the screen icon above the brightness slider to unlock auto-rotation.
    Note: The screen icon includes a padlock when auto-rotation is locked. When auto-rotation is locked, the screen won’t rotate when you change the orientation of Surface.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

issue with auto rotation

1. issue with auto rotation - Similar Threads - issue auto rotation

2. Auto rotation issue on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto rotation issue on laptop: i have a dell laptop that than fold like a book however...when flipped the screen rotates to accommodate, but recently i notice it doesn't rotate anymore and I'm not finding anything in settings to change it ...can someone please help...thanks....
  3. Auto rotation issue on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto rotation issue on laptop: i have a dell laptop that than fold like a book however...when flipped the screen rotates to accommodate, but recently i notice it doesn't rotate anymore and I'm not finding anything in settings to change it ...can someone please help...thanks....
  4. Auto rotation issue on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Auto rotate function issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto rotate function issue: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 10. The old hdd was starting to fail so i bought a new ssd, fresh install of windows 10, updated etc. The laptop has tablet mode, but no auto rotate function now. First i updated registry for autorotate. Checked device manager but...
  6. auto rotation

auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  7. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  8. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  9. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  10. Auto rotation

Auto rotation: How do I turn off auto rotation it is grayed out on my windows 10 HP laptop after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotation/190acc45-cb33-4bd6-b924-a814b18fe08d