Windows 10: Issue with battery notification after Windows update

Discus and support Issue with battery notification after Windows update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My last Windows update was on the 22nd of this month. After that, the notification of low battery was not coming and my laptop was switching off within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SukanyaMitra, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Issue with battery notification after Windows update

My last Windows update was on the 22nd of this month. After that, the notification of low battery was not coming and my laptop was switching off within a minute of hitting low battery level. On the 26th, I tried the following fixes;

1. Ran the troubleshooter for power. For the turning off display and sleep settings, I had selected the 'never' option. The troubleshooter changed these to 5 and 10 minutes respectively for battery mode and 10 and 20 minutes in plugged in mode.

2. Restored power options to default. low battery level: 15% power saver mode comes on, critical: 7%

The above fixes did not work. I further tried the power cycle method, that is, unplugged my laptop, took the battery out and pressed the power button for 30 seconds. I replaced everything. This was working until yesterday. But today, the problem is happening all over again. There are no issues with my battery life/health.

:)

SukanyaMitra, Nov 28, 2020

2. How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 28, 2020
  3. How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Issue with battery notification after Windows update

Deactivate low battery notification

Hi,

Windows 10 may have detected your old battery, the reason why your computer kept of notifying you about the battery life. To help you disable this notification, we suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

(Note: Make sure to unplug your laptop from the power source first before performing the steps below.)

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver and turn off the slider.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Issue with battery notification after Windows update

1. Issue with battery notification after Windows update - Similar Threads - Issue battery notification

2. Second battery notification?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second battery notification?: After installing the latest update available for windows 10 at this date, I now have a second battery notification in the notification tray.It does nothing if clicked, double clicked, or right-clicked. When hovered on it just says "Battery", no information on percentage or...
  3. Fast Draining of Battery issue after updating windows to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Draining of Battery issue after updating windows to 11: My laptop's Battery is not running for even 1hr, currently by typing this question I've lost 3% need urgent help...I have never faced this kind of problem in Windows 10 ever but last week I've updated to windows 11 and after that is kind of problem came....
  4. Fast Draining of Battery issue after updating windows to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Draining of Battery issue after updating windows to 11: My laptop's Battery is not running for even 1hr, currently by typing this question I've lost 3% need urgent help...I have never faced this kind of problem in Windows 10 ever but last week I've updated to windows 11 and after that is kind of problem came....
  5. Battery Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Notification: how do i stop my laptop from shutting down just when my laptop gets to 10%. i don't get a second get my charge because it just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-notification/1184300f-4224-4f81-9333-bfee6844e606
  6. Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update: After a Windows 10 update, my battery no longer works or is recognized. I have to keeo it plugged in at all times. Previous articles and suggested troubleshooting steps do not work when you have to keep it plugged in for power. Can someone please HELP? This battery was...
  7. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: Well I posted on a previous thread (that can't be found now) that the latest Windows 10 update fixed my battery issues. Well I lied. New day, dead battery. After turning off all the sleep settings everywhere as suggested, my laptop does not completely shut down when told...
  8. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: After updating to Windows 10 my laptop battery runs down overnight after shutdown. I have disabled fast startup and turned off hibernation without success. How do I stop the computer from apparently still running and killing the battery?...
  9. Battery Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Notification: Dear community, I am Sandrine from Rwanda! I would like to ask a help on how can I get battery notification before my PC shuts down. Each time my battery reaches 40%, it immediately switch off, and I don't get any notification indicating me to charge my laptop. If there is...
  10. Windows update notification issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update notification issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 1607 build 14393.351, and after one of the recent updates, the updates available notification now pops up as a large blue block in the middle of the screen, graying out the desktop and whatever you are doing and will not go away until you hit...