Windows 10: Issue with bluetooth sound volume

Discus and support Issue with bluetooth sound volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I use my steel series 3 bluetooth, everything work but for one irritating details: Windows lower the volume on my headset when in bluetooth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BottledStorm, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Issue with bluetooth sound volume

Hello,

I use my steel series 3 bluetooth, everything work but for one irritating details:

Windows lower the volume on my headset when in bluetooth. The issue isn't from the headset, the sound volume is perfect when its bluetooth is paired with my phone and not my Windows 10 computer.

This is particularly obnoxious since that headset specifically allows for two sound source and I use it to be on discord at the same time than playing on my xbox. With the new bluetooth being way quieter the games drown the voices. I also have tested and the issue is from Windows since I have the same lower sound effect regardless of the app or software I try.

I hope someone has an idea for a fix, the sound and bluetooth menus in windows have been unhelpful.

Thank you in advance,

Storm

:)

BottledStorm, Nov 24, 2020
  2. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Blaelph Win User
    Bluetooth Speaker No sound Issues

Since you seem to be able to connect to the speaker via bluetooth, the next thing I would check is what Audio Playback device is set as the default. To check this, navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound and you will see a box that looks like this:

Issue with bluetooth sound volume l5U66.png

You should see the connected bluetooth speaker listed on the playback device list. Right click on the device and select "Set as default device". You can also right click the device and select "test" to send a test chime to the speaker. If you right click the device and select "Properties", there may be a tab for "Levels" which allows you to set the volume output from the computer (not sure whether bluetooth devices have this option). Lastly, ensure the volume on the speaker itself is loud enough to hear.

Blaelph, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Issue with bluetooth sound volume

Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Issue with bluetooth sound volume

1. Issue with bluetooth sound volume - Similar Threads - Issue bluetooth sound

2. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have a properly connected earpods in the computer but the sound keep skipping and lagging. The volume also raise on its own and go down. Pleae help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-issue-with-earpod-volume/1206efef-7d21-4b41-b2cb-5da381b6ba51
  3. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have a properly connected earpods in the computer but the sound keep skipping and lagging. The volume also raise on its own and go down. Pleae help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-issue-with-earpod-volume/1206efef-7d21-4b41-b2cb-5da381b6ba51
  4. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voicelags and sound which is not clear. The volume keeps going up and down please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-issue-with-earpod-volume/a94c01e7-c1ac-46a1-a8d0-3629d9b7d865
  6. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voicelags and sound which is not clear. The volume keeps going up and down please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-issue-with-earpod-volume/a94c01e7-c1ac-46a1-a8d0-3629d9b7d865
  7. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voice lag and sounds are not clear. The voice pitch and volume changes often. What to do?...
  8. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voice lag and sounds are not clear. The voice pitch and volume changes often. What to do?...
  9. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

10. Bluetooth volume control issues

Bluetooth volume control issues: I have an "ortho remote" https://teenage.engineering/products/orthoremote Bluetooth audio control controlling volume, play/pause, etc from teenage.engineering. In Windows 10 21H1 19043.1110, changing the volume on the remote is unpredictable; when I change the volume it...