Windows 10: issue with brand new keyboard

Discus and support issue with brand new keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sculpt Keyboard only works for a few seconds and then dies. Mouse never stops working. Batteries are new (keyboard is new) tried: rebooting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HernanDLozano, Jul 10, 2019.

1. issue with brand new keyboard

Sculpt Keyboard only works for a few seconds and then dies.

Mouse never stops working.

Batteries are new (keyboard is new)

tried:

rebooting.

windows updates.

installed MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1

nothing

uninstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1

reinstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1

nothing

uninstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1

removing drivers from device manager

reinstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1

nothing

every time the mouse is 100% functional

keyboard worked twice for a few seconds and then it stops again.

:)

HernanDLozano, Jul 10, 2019

2. keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 10, 2019
  3. keyboard issue

Hello Pavneet,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with keyboard not working after upgrading to Windows 10 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt keyboard drivers in the computer.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

First, let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer
    was installed correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the driver software for keyboard and check if it helps.

Note: If you are using a laptop, you have to first download the keyboard drivers from computer manufacturer before uninstalling them.

To do so, please refer to the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Type devmgmt.msc in start search box and hit
      Enter.

• In Device Manager, expand the mouse & keyboard listed in the device list.

• Right click on the driver.

• Click Uninstall.

• Reboot the computer. The drivers will get installed automatically.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

I would also suggest you to try and connect an external keyboard and check if it helps. Also, check the
    behavior in on-screen keyboard. Please refer to the steps in the following Microsoft Help article given below.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 10, 2019
  4. issue with brand new keyboard

keyboard issues

Hi,

I have tried both the methods mentioned above and nothing has changed. I have the same issue as what the first person has pointed out. @ and " are interchanged. Back slash produces # and Shift Backslash produces ~. The hash symbol on top of the number
    3 produces £. It is so frustrating to get a new surface book and have such trivial issues.

Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Venkatesh_HK, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

issue with brand new keyboard

1. issue with brand new keyboard - Similar Threads - issue brand keyboard

2. Corrupted Driver issue on brand new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Driver issue on brand new install: Crashing with error messages. A little bit of googling has led me to the fact that my windows drivers are corrupt. Error messages: Attempted to write to read-only memory,Pool corruption in file areaPfn list corrupt. Tried reinstalling multiple times, as in creating new...
  3. Certain keys on brand new keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain keys on brand new keyboard not working: Seen in the image below. Certain keys on my brand new keyboard are not working,It had initially worked without issue in the very beginning when I plugged it in. But now, certain keys are not working.I have Uninstalled the keyboard already. I already tried updating...
  4. Certain keys on brand new keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain keys on brand new keyboard not working: Seen in the image below. Certain keys on my brand new keyboard are not working,It had initially worked without issue in the very beginning when I plugged it in. But now, certain keys are not working.I have Uninstalled the keyboard already. I already tried updating...
  5. Brand new computer latency issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new computer latency issues: extreme DCP latency with new computer GP66 Leopard 3070 8gb, i9 11th gen 8 coreACPI.sysNvidia nkvmm...wdf01000.sysntso krnlAlready tried: new drivers, latest bios, disabled bios features, updated windows, set everything to max performance and turned off power saving options,...
  6. Camera Issue on brand new surface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera Issue on brand new surface: I just bought a surface 2 days ago, couldn't set up Windows Hello and now getting this error when trying to access the camera. Only things running in Task Manager are Explorer and Mail...
  7. Brand new laptop - BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new laptop - BSOD issues: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...
  8. Issues with Brand-New Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Brand-New Computer: Hi all, I recently purchased a new PowerSpec G433 Gaming Desktop and am experiencing major issues with regards to video and audio freezing constantly when playing games, but never when just browsing online or doing work. Of the two games that I’ve tried on it (Minecraft,...
  9. Brand new computers with network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brand new computers with network issues: I don't know why they got rid of homegroup in windows 10. It made things so much easier. Anyway I just got 2 brand new Dell XPS desktops and a Dell G3 15 laptop. They are all connected wirelessly. I have them all set to private network as this is a trusted home network....
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...