Windows 10: Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds

Discus and support Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i have installed WDS on server 2012 & upload BOOT.WIM & install.WIM on wds through windows 10 dvd. normally when i'm using wds for format my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raushanrai, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds

Hi,

i have installed WDS on server 2012 & upload BOOT.WIM & install.WIM on wds through windows 10 dvd. normally when i'm using wds for format my systems through normal image which i uploaded through DVD installation completed successfully, then i prepare WDS for capture image system image captured successfully & image uploaded on WDS server. When i try to format the systems with captured image after installation system getting error (windows could not finish configured the system. to attempt to resume configuration , restart the system) then i restart & same error happen.

Is this issue with my wds setup or my systems ? because i have updated all driver & software of captured Laptop (Lenovo E480) & tried many times but same issue happen. please help me.

:)

raushanrai, Nov 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Capture Image Problem

Kindly, I'm trying to capture image of windows 10 for my WDS after making sysprep for the machine,

After booting from the network there is no capture image option to capture this machine windows image.

Is there any help for this issue?

Hisham-Adel, Nov 4, 2019
  3. gt90 Win User
    Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM

Hi,

I have the following task to complete; I would like to capture an image from a machine running Windows 10 enterprise using WinPE and DISM and then using Windows Server 2012 R2, PXE boot the captured image onto 10 other machines on the network. I would not like to use any third party tools to complete this task by the way. I am planning on following this guide: Deploy Windows 10 using MDT 2013 and WDS TheITBros but am having some trouble completely comprehending the guide. *Confused If anybody can suggest a better guide which satisfies my requirements I would very much appreciate your suggestions.Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds :)

My first question is (apart from the Server 2012 R2 which is my domain controllor, the 10 machines I wish to PXE boot the Windows 10 enterprise image to, the switch connecting the 10 machines and the network) how many additional machines do I need to complete this task? (I just want to get a clearer picture of how many machines I will need hence the first question)

My second question is about capturing the Windows 10 enterprise image itself. My current understanding is that I have to run sysprep with the generalise and OOBE (set to shutdown) switches to remove the SID's then boot WinPE on the machine and use DISM to capture the Windows 10 enterprise image. Sounds easy so far except that I've looked at some guides online and rather than capturing just the Windows 10 enterprise image, some people also capture their system and recovery partitions. Just to clear up what I mean by this, when you go into diskpart and then type list volume, you are shown (on my machine at least) the system partition which is about 100MB, the recovery partition which is about 500MB and the partition where my operating system is stored which varies from machine in size but is about 470GB on my machine. My point and question is do I only need to use DISM to capture the partition where my operating system is stored e.g. my C:\ drive and will this be enough when I later deploy the captured Windows 10 enterprise image via Server 2012 R2 and PXE booting?

Also, if you could please give me a small explanation on the steps I need to carry out next after capturing the Windows 10 enterprise image with DISM i.e. the steps to deploy the captured image using Server 2012 R2 and PXE booting across my network.This would be really appreciated, thank you.Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds :)

Thank you,

gt90, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds

CopyProfile with WDS (image capture and deployment)

Have you ever tried using CopyProfile with WDS? I'm not sure how to get it working. Everytime I go into Audit mode, customize, then sysprep, I capture the image and boot to the captured image, but there are no customizations (desktop icons, background, etc.) I made sure there were no user accounts on the original "golden image" machine before taking the capture. Any ideas on what I'm missing? Thanks for all your help!

compuls1v3, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds

1. Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds - Similar Threads - Issue capture image

2. WDS Capture Wizard Cannot See Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS Capture Wizard Cannot See Disk: I have using a hybrid MDT/WDS model. I plan to capture an image I have created using WDS and then update my MDT Deployment Share with the captured image and use MDT to deploy it to other machines. However, after sysprepping the machine with the image and PXE booting into the...
  3. WDS Capture Wizard Cannot See Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDS Capture Wizard Cannot See Disk: I have using a hybrid MDT/WDS model. I plan to capture an image I have created using WDS and then update my MDT Deployment Share with the captured image and use MDT to deploy it to other machines. However, after sysprepping the machine with the image and PXE booting into the...
  4. WDS server Login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS server Login issue: I have installed WDS service on a standalone 2019 Windows server. On client side as I click on the boot.wim it takes me to the language setup screen but when i proceed with the next button a login windows pops up asking for user logins to connect to this server. I type in the...
  5. WDS server Login issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WDS server Login issue: I have installed WDS service on a standalone 2019 Windows server. On client side as I click on the boot.wim it takes me to the language setup screen but when i proceed with the next button a login windows pops up asking for user logins to connect to this server. I type in the...
  6. WDS server Login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WDS: unattend.xml does not work for boot image

WDS: unattend.xml does not work for boot image: Hi everyone, since i read some goof topics in this forum while i am working with wds i decided to join too because of my problem Atm i am working with WDS for rolling out custom images at work. The main goal is to get it as automated as it could. While the captured/install...
  8. WDS: unattend.xml does not work for boot image

in Windows 10 Support
    WDS: unattend.xml does not work for boot image: Hi everyone, since i read some goof topics in this forum while i am working with wds i decided to join too because of my problem Atm i am working with WDS for rolling out custom images at work. The main goal is to get it as automated as it could. While the captured/install...
  9. WDS 10 upgrade

WDS 10 upgrade: Hello all I have an Acer laptop with wds 7 home and want to upgrade by using usb media . It went trough first part after looking for updates and stuck with this : "Making sure you are ready to install" for all night ..? [img] Please help . Thanks 106170
  10. Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting: All I customized my reference pc to which I was happy to make a WIM file. Took the image via DISM and wanted to install a new pc. I have made 3 partitions: 1. BOOT 500MB 2. Windows 100GB 3. Datadisk 50GB Weird part is that i don't know where to retreive the boot WIM,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. capturing a windows 10 virtual machine imaging using wds server 2012