Windows 10: Issue with certain ports in Windows 10

Discus and support Issue with certain ports in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using Discord, and for some reason I was unable to join voice channels permanently stuck between RTC Connecting and No Route, however direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pangolinss, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Issue with certain ports in Windows 10

I was using Discord, and for some reason I was unable to join voice channels permanently stuck between RTC Connecting and No Route, however direct voice calls worked fine. I was suspicious that certain ports were being blocked and I noticed that I also am unable to ssh to anything either I always get a port 22 timed out. Is this just an unfortunate coincidence, or is something incorrectly blocking/using certain ports? These problems persist after multiple restarts, router restarts, DNS flushes, and disabling my firewall.

:)

Pangolinss, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 10: How to run program in Compatibility Mode? Issues with usage of parallel port while running the certain program.

Hi David,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is there is program compatibility issue or parallel port driver is not updated.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked with the manufacture of the program for compatibility with Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the program in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Also I recommend you to update the latest driver for
    parallel port in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Ports (COM & LPT).

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with accessing parallel port while running a certain program, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Issue with certain ports in Windows 10

Windows 10 lost COM ports

Hi John,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the missing ports on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which devices are using the COM port on your computer?

Additionally, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to perform the
    Advanced startup options (including safe mode).
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to install the port on your PC properly.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Issue with certain ports in Windows 10

1. Issue with certain ports in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issue certain ports

2. Windows Display Port Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Display Port Issues: Hey everyone,Hope you all are doing well. I have this problem that is very annoying and repetitive.Whenever Im using 3D programs, 60% of the time my monitors loses connection to the PC and pc crashes, what can be the cause of this?...
  3. Port issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port issue: Hello, I am trying to open some ports on a Windows machine. I first tried on the Firewall manager adding the TCP ports, and that didn't work. I even tried to disable Defender completely, but that didn't work either. Note that I did not restart the computer, because it is a...
  4. Port issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Port issue: Hello, I am trying to open some ports on a Windows machine. I first tried on the Firewall manager adding the TCP ports, and that didn't work. I even tried to disable Defender completely, but that didn't work either. Note that I did not restart the computer, because it is a...
  5. Port issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Parallel port issue in windows 10: i am trying to use ATmel isp programmer to program Microcontroller. while installing Atmel isp programmer Error comes like DriverLINX port I/O DriverDLportio.sys device driver not loaded. port I/O will have no effect..Am facing this issue in windows 10. Tried installing Dll...
  7. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parallel port issue in windows 10: i am trying to use ATmel isp programmer to program Microcontroller. while installing Atmel isp programmer Error comes like DriverLINX port I/O DriverDLportio.sys device driver not loaded. port I/O will have no effect..Am facing this issue in windows 10. Tried installing Dll...
  8. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Printing issues with Certain Windows 10 clients

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing issues with Certain Windows 10 clients: Have had a number of clients across multiple environments with network printing issues in the last few weeks. Mainly seems to be affecting network printing rather than USB and is affecting different models of printer rather than just one brand. Problem presents in the...
  10. Windows 10 Port Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Port Issues: Hello, In order to tell you the issue I must give you context and the story behind it. First off the reason I'm forwarding port 25565 is to play Minecraft Modded with one of my friends. In the past I was able to go into the router, port forward and all is well. Then after...