Windows 10: Issue with changing title bar color with some programs

Discus and support Issue with changing title bar color with some programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Out of the four computers I own, I was only able to get one of them upgraded to Windows 10 so far, The one I had with me the day 10 was released is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stargazer22, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Issue with changing title bar color with some programs

Out of the four computers I own, I was only able to get one of them upgraded to Windows 10 so far, The one I had with me the day 10 was released is a HP Envy laptop that I use primarily for a hobby I have, Astronomy. The PC had on it several programs I use while using my telescope, one being a program I use that actually controls the telescope and allows me to you the laptops LCD screen to view/ record what the telescope is focused on. That program before the upgrade had a very dark border making it easy to see images through the scope on the screen. Now the title bar is white , a very bright white and I can't find a way to change its color. The white has two effects, first it makes dim objects I am trying to see through the scope really hard to see on the laptop screen and second the title bar makes it nearly impossible to maintain the night vision a person needs to find things in the night sky to point the telescope at.
    I have tried several windows themes with no luck. Currently I have to tape a dark piece of colored paper over the title bar to block out what light from it I can but it still bleeds down into the telescopes screen view area.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? I really like 10 and would hate to have to go back to 8.1 if it can be avoided.

:)

Stargazer22, Jul 31, 2015

2. Changing title bar color of specific programs

Is there a way of changing the title bar color of specific programs? Some companies like Google are reluctant at implementing proper support for new Windows 10 features such as colored title bars.

Goal is to make Google Chrome's title bar black or dark grey, since changing its theme makes it use a custom interface with horrible ugly context buttons.

João Vitor Chrisóstomo, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Changing title bar color of specific programs

The goal was to test the feature with Google Chrome since it's a browser with a bad theme API. If successful, the same method could be easily applied to any other program with unmatched interface/title bar colors.

The custom title bar color is a Windows 10 feature and 3rd-party developers can easily make it the color they'd like. Edge has a black title bar when using it's dark theme for example. I was just curious to know if there's a way to set a color for a specific
    program rather than setting the default color that affects all the title bars that aren't coded colorful by their respective developers.

João Vitor Chrisóstomo, Jul 31, 2015
  4. snafufux Win User

Issue with changing title bar color with some programs

Have you tried using High Contrast setting on Ease of Access settings?

snafufux, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Those I have not tried but I will I looked at them and they seemed to look as they would be even brighter

Stargazer22, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Rollerdog Win User
    Rollerdog, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Thank you I will give this a try to see if I can restore the original title bar colors

Stargazer22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issue with changing title bar color with some programs

1. Issue with changing title bar color with some programs - Similar Threads - Issue changing title

2. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  3. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  4. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change the color of the Office 2016 title bar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change the color of the Office 2016 title bar: My office apps title bar color is a horrible deep green. I would like blue. When searching for a solution to this almost every search result had blue. I can't seem to change the color at all. I don't have and will never have a Microsoft account. For themes the only options...
  6. Is there a way to change the title bar's color adaptively depending on the program like VS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the title bar's color adaptively depending on the program like VS...: [IMG] submitted by /u/D96Fan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffem40/is_there_a_way_to_change_the_title_bars_color/
  7. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  8. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  9. Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?: Today, Windows 10 Home version 1511, 10586 was forced on me and now my title bar text is an ugly white. It used to be black and I have no clue how to get it back that way. I searched and found this tutorial that tells you to modify a value in the registry, but that didn't do...
  10. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...