Windows 10: Issue with child family account

Discus and support Issue with child family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ant_UK, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Ant_UK Win User

Issue with child family account

I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. "

I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved.

I have checked

- Account set to allowed under Family & Other users

- The account can login without issues on the PC

:)

Ant_UK, Apr 17, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Issue with child family account

Not to Accept Invitation from a Child Account

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me try to help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to remove the child account from family safety and add it again. Follow the below steps to remove the child account.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

• To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

• Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Once you remove the account, try to add the account again and check it helps.

https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Issue with child family account

1. Issue with child family account - Similar Threads - Issue child family

2. Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not: Message sent to Microsoft forumA elderly friend tried to login to her account and was asked to give parental permission. It looked like a childs account, but it’s not. My friend is a female in her 70s and has no idea why her account is a family account.? The account does not...
  3. Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not: Message sent to Microsoft forumA elderly friend tried to login to her account and was asked to give parental permission. It looked like a childs account, but it’s not. My friend is a female in her 70s and has no idea why her account is a family account.? The account does not...
  4. Can not add childs account to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  5. Child account locked to a unknown family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account locked to a unknown family: HiMu child's account has been assigned to the family which me and my child do not recognize and I am unable to remove him from it.The chat support team just stated that they cannot help and directed me to this forum .....Could you please help with this issue?...
  6. Child account locked to a unknown family

Child account locked to a unknown family: HiMu child's account has been assigned to the family which me and my child do not recognize and I am unable to remove him from it.The chat support team just stated that they cannot help and directed me to this forum .....Could you please help with this issue?...
  7. Child account in family safety is no visible

Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  8. Child account without link to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  9. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  10. Child account without link to family account