Windows 10: Issue with chkdsk, taskmgr, clean install etc

Discus and support Issue with chkdsk, taskmgr, clean install etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 Professional 1909. Recently, the computer started having issues booting up and sometimes looped between crash blue screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bruno675Wq, May 18, 2021.

1. Issue with chkdsk, taskmgr, clean install etc

I am running windows 10 Professional 1909. Recently, the computer started having issues booting up and sometimes looped between crash blue screen and repair. It is currently running OK except that:- I cannot launch taskmgr despite having only 1 user on the computer and this user being Admin- I cannot run command prompt as Admiin- I cannot perform chkdsk although I saw an error in Srttrail.txt file system repair failed, error code 0x1f- I cannot perform a Repair- I cannot perform a Clean Install- I cannot install new Windows updates fails with error code 0xNevertheless, I have ac

:)

bruno675Wq, May 18, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 18, 2021
  3. Clean windows 10 Install problems with disk errors

Hi Voowoo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I suggest you to perform the below given methods and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter to resolve your issue.

• Type troubleshooting in search box and press enter.

• Click view all on the top left pane.

• Click on system maintenance and follow the on screen instructions.

I would also suggest you to back up all important files and data and perform Chkdsk.

• Open cmd with administrative privileges and run a chkdsk scan.

CHKDSK /F /R
    Disclaimer: Data available on bad sectors might be lost when chkdsk tries to repair your hard disc.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 18, 2021
  4. Issue with chkdsk, taskmgr, clean install etc

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Issue with chkdsk, taskmgr, clean install etc

1. Issue with chkdsk, taskmgr, clean install etc - Similar Threads - Issue chkdsk taskmgr

2. Weird CHKDSK issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird CHKDSK issue: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H1 OS build: 19043.1081 Hey, all. I decided to do a CHKDSK on my 1TB external HDD after using it on Kubuntu 21.04 with Dislocker. The drive was BitLocker encrypted & I used Dislocker to decrypt it under a Kubuntu 21.04 live CD. The drive was...
  3. taskmgr Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskmgr Error: the error So when I try to open taskmgr it gives me this error.I am running windows 10 version 20H2. winverCan You help me with this error please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskmgr-error/52447d56-3ae4-4c4b-a194-c85dc9731fe2
  4. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  5. what toolsflash drives, etc. needed for Clean Install tool

what toolsflash drives, etc. needed for Clean Install tool: What do I need to have ready to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to perform a Clean Install of Windows. Since my files are corrupted it probably should be a complete wipe to achieve a truly Clean Windows 10, I'm guessing. It seems though that at least a Flash Drive,...
  6. 2 taskmgr windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 taskmgr windows: How is it still possible to have more than one taskmgr instance open? it was once, before, in winxp I can't find any way to have more than one, now win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-taskmgr-windows/bd475ec0-9572-4f5e-bda3-7d8011e58884
  7. Issues with clean install

Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  8. Issue with chkdsk

Issue with chkdsk: Hello everyone, I am experiencing a problem with the chkdsk command. I have a desktop pc with windows 10 professional on it with the newest update. I ran chkdsk and got a problem on stage 2 file name linkage saying "An index entry of index $R from file 1A is incorrect". I...
  9. Issue with Clean Install

Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  10. Chkdsk issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk issue: Hi, so I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and it was working fine for a week. However a few hours ago, the system prompted me to restart to scan disk for errors. I restart, windows does a scan and gets stuck at 59%. I let it run for 6 hours and there was...