Windows 10: Issue with chkdsk

Discus and support Issue with chkdsk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am experiencing a problem with the chkdsk command. I have a desktop pc with windows 10 professional on it with the newest update. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by konstantinos Pap, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Issue with chkdsk

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a problem with the chkdsk command. I have a desktop pc with windows 10 professional on it with the newest update. I ran chkdsk and got a problem on stage 2 file name linkage saying "An index entry of index $R from file 1A is incorrect". I searched over the internet found the solutions that worked to some people but they weren't helpful to me. I ran chkdsk /f /r i ran chkdsk /offlinescanandfix i also ran chkdsk /spotfix ( the last one was a suggestion from event viewer ) it rebooted and did nothing. Got the screen that says Skip, got past that to the screen saying detecting problems and fixing and then it immediatelly moved on to loading the account like skipping it completely. The first thing i thought was check the system integrity. So, i went and ran a sfc /scannow and it didn't found any issues. Then i thought maybe the hard drive is faulty so i ran a program to check it's integrity. The integrity was perfect 100% no damaged sectors or bad sectors. So, it is not the system's fault nor the hard disk's fault. My best guess at this point is that a file is corrupted but i can't figure out which one. Also i thought about defraging the disk but when i tried to do it in the defragment screen the C: drive wasn't there. Now i don't know if it's gone because of the update of windows 10. Also i have a backup drive D on it so on the defragment menu screen i was only getting the option of defraging the D drive instead of getting options C, D, and system volume. Any suggestions?

*Edit: I forgot to mention that i am not getting any information about the results from the chkdsk command after the reboot.

:)

konstantinos Pap, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Issue with chkdsk

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Issue with chkdsk

1. Issue with chkdsk - Similar Threads - Issue chkdsk

2. 0x80071128 - Ran chkdsk but the issue persists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80071128 - Ran chkdsk but the issue persists: My OneDrive folder is on my C: drive. I followed the instructions on this page, but the error still shows in my OneDrive taskbar display. It just constantly says 'Preparing to upload'...
  3. 0x80071128 - Ran chkdsk but the issue persists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80071128 - Ran chkdsk but the issue persists: My OneDrive folder is on my C: drive. I followed the instructions on this page, but the error still shows in my OneDrive taskbar display. It just constantly says 'Preparing to upload'...
  4. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootup issue. used CHKDSK: Hi,I have a recurring problem where my PC needs to be hard rebooted 1-2 times before it actually turns on.These are what might happen to prompt me to hard reboot- Reached desktop screen but freezes.- PC turn on but black screen.- Reached bootup screen but freezes can tell...
  5. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

Bootup issue. used CHKDSK: Hi,I have a recurring problem where my PC needs to be hard rebooted 1-2 times before it actually turns on.These are what might happen to prompt me to hard reboot- Reached desktop screen but freezes.- PC turn on but black screen.- Reached bootup screen but freezes can tell...
  6. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  8. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  9. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Drive issue with errors in chkdsk

Drive issue with errors in chkdsk: Hello, my computer threw a BSOD yesterday and stated that it was a critical system failure. My X drive is causing me issues at this point, I am thinking, because the pc is taking forever to load back up if I do a restart, and somethings like Chrome are not even able to...