Windows 10: Issue with Clean Install

Discus and support Issue with Clean Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zamboz, Oct 15, 2015.

1. zamboz Win User

Issue with Clean Install

Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the installation process stops at 77% and then gives me a error code : 0x8007025D

it gave me this once, then i restarted my computer and looked away for a bit and when i turned back i sayw something about UEFI and then it started the install again. On this specific install it got above 77% but the BDOS and gave me a IDEIQ error? I cant remmber specifically how it was spelled.
    Now i just did a different installation with another usb with a clean install of win 10 and am back to being stuck at 77% with the 0x8007025D error. Anyone have this problem and can help that would be great, been trying to figure it out all day.*Mad

:)

zamboz, Oct 15, 2015

2. Issue with clean install of Windows 10

Thanks for the info!

I've done the above. All seems stable at the moment, but windows hasn't activated according to the settings menu. I'm going to leave it for the night and see what has eventuated tomorrow.

June_Monster, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Issue with clean install of Windows 10

There may be something you're doing that's causing you to need to reinstall so often. Compare your install to the one compiled in

Clean Reinstall Windows 10 Upgrade
    to understand everything that works best to get and keep a stable install.

If you know for sure the Upgrade was activated then it should reactivate soon if you'll give it a little time. If not in the new

Windows 10 Fall Update is Set for November Release
    there will be a feature to directly activate free Upgrade with the Windows 7 key.

Keep us posted here on how it goes. If you do the Phone Activation again politely ask for agent's name, and if not satisfied with results ask for supervisor and then get their name. Let them know we're waiting to hear back in MS Community what happens.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 15, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Issue with Clean Install

Was your install on your last motherboard an upgrade from another OS or a clean retail install?

And do not duplicate threads for the same issue, especially one hour after creating the first one.

Boozad, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Issue with Clean Install

1. Issue with Clean Install - Similar Threads - Issue Clean Install

2. Windows 11 clean instal issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean instal issues: Hello everyone and thank you to anyone who tries to assist with my issue, it is starting to drive me crazy...I was having some small instability issues while running windows 11 games randomly closing and the odd blue screen whilst booting I cannot remember the exact bsod...
  3. Windows 11 Clean Install issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Clean Install issue?: Hi!So my question is about a possible lag/freeze during a reset/clean install of Windows 11. However, I do feel the need to start from the top and explain what is going on and WHY I am doing a clean install as well.I have only had my PC for a little under 2 years. The PC has...
  4. Windows 11 Clean Install issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Clean Install issue?: Hi!So my question is about a possible lag/freeze during a reset/clean install of Windows 11. However, I do feel the need to start from the top and explain what is going on and WHY I am doing a clean install as well.I have only had my PC for a little under 2 years. The PC has...
  5. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  6. Used laptop clean install issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used laptop clean install issue.: Hi I recently picked up used thinkpad. I’m trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro on it. I have downloaded windows 10 onto usb and from there I can get to the the point where it gets to picking a network connection. When I choose my WiFi network it takes me to a...
  7. Issues with clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  8. Clean install v1903 - Permissions issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean install v1903 - Permissions issues: I have just reinstalled v1903 from scratch yesterday and now I have a lot of issues regarding permissions. I have to run as administrator a lot of apps to be able to open my files (they are on desktop) (Excel for instance). My Documents, desktop and everything else are moved...
  9. Clean install - now network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean install - now network issue: my sons PC has been getting very slow .... Dell E521 but no errors and no network issues. Decided to do a clean install of all. So used the Dell OS re-install to put in a clean install of XP-Professional Obviously first thing to do is to get network connectivity all OK...
  10. A lot of issues after a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of issues after a clean install: Hey guys, I did a clean install of 10240 this weekend and at first I had a problem: It was only seeing 9.97GB of RAM out of 12 but I can live with that. But now some programs take over 10 minutes to start and the file explorer stops working when I try to left click on...