Windows 10: Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Discus and support Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LufferG, Jul 15, 2022.

1. LufferG Win User

Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am limited to setting the document to solely landscape or portrait mode which causes one of the images to be cut off or disorientated. Are there any workarounds or solutions that can resolve this issue?

:)

LufferG, Jul 15, 2022

2. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was
    generated. It displays the data in portrait mode, but the actual print out is in landscape.

I went back to the "Print\General" dialog and selected Microsoft Print To PDF. I confirmed the "OK" button became enabled at this point. I then selected "Preferences" and changed the "Orientation" combo box from Portrait to Landscape. The preview changed
    at this point to reflect landscape. I then selected "Advanced" and viewed the Paper/Output and Copy County options. Paper Size was set to "Letter" and Count was set to 1 Copy. I selected OK and confirmed the orientation in the preview hadn't changed. It
    was still showing Landscape. I then selected OK. Microsoft Print To PDF was still selected. There were no other relevant configuration choices, just Report Range, Paper Range and Project Options. I review these anyway, but could not find anything related
    to paper orientation.

At this point I selected OK and was prompted for a location and name for the output. I provided this (noting the name and location). When printing completed, I opened the correct file in the correct location using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The two pages
    of my report were both in Portrait.

At this point, I went to File\Print. I noticed the Orientation in the Print Dialog was set to Auto Portrait/landscape. I changed nothing in this screen, and selected Print. I did notice that the preview screen showed the page in landscape mode already
    though.

When the report printed out, it was in the correct orientation, landscape.

I went a step further and took a Word document created in Office 365 online. and changed it's orientation to landscape and printed it out using the Microsoft Print To PDF. This seemed to display correctly in landscape mode.

Paul Green (paul.green), Jul 15, 2022
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 15, 2022
  4. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Print to PDF Rotation Issue

I've got a collection of PNGs that I want to combine into a PDF file. Windows makes this very easy to do just by selecting all of them and hitting the appropriate print button. Except that the resulting pdf has everything rotated 90 degrees to the left,
    like it's forced into a landscape from a portrait. Is there anyway to keep it from rotating?

JordonDole, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

1. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF - Similar Threads - Issue Combining Landscape

2. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF: Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am limited to setting the document to solely landscape or portrait mode which causes one of the images to be cut off or...
  6. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF: Is it possible to print monochrome - grayscale PDF form "Microsoft print to PDF" virtual printer?And how to set that.RegardsH Misic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monochrome-pdf-using-microsoft-print-to-pdf/7acd6734-8e76-4fc1-9029-e58eefdbe263
  7. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF: Is it possible to print monochrome - grayscale PDF form "Microsoft print to PDF" virtual printer?And how to set that.RegardsH Misic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monochrome-pdf-using-microsoft-print-to-pdf/7acd6734-8e76-4fc1-9029-e58eefdbe263
  8. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

9. Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation

Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation: When selecting multiple images to put together into a pdf in file explorer, I select print, select Microsoft print to pdf, then the image preview is rotated 90 degrees to a landscape orientation. An image, or scan that was in portrait orientation, is printed to a 90 degree...
  10. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PDF Print window defaults to Landscape: A few months ago this problem arose. When I go to print a PDF file, the print window defaults to Landscape. Almost all my documents are in portrait view. I cannot find any setting in the print window that lets me set the default setting to portrait. This seems...