Windows 10: Issue with connecting laptop to WiFi

Discus and support Issue with connecting laptop to WiFi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just installed a new WiFi modem and service today. Works fine with my ps4 and iPhone. But when I try to connect my laptop to it, it acts weird. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Moshi2555, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Issue with connecting laptop to WiFi

So I just installed a new WiFi modem and service today. Works fine with my ps4 and iPhone. But when I try to connect my laptop to it, it acts weird.

I can connect to my modem but it keeps turning on and off. I can’t even connect to the internet on my browser either.

Since my other devices work fine I’m guessing the issue is my laptop. Any ideas? I have a Lenovo with windows 10 by the way. I can connect to other WiFi connections except the one at my place.

submitted by /u/Moshi2555
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Moshi2555, Sep 3, 2020

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 3, 2020
  3. tmork Win User
    Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issue with connecting laptop to WiFi

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Issue with connecting laptop to WiFi

1. Issue with connecting laptop to WiFi - Similar Threads - Issue connecting laptop

2. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  3. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  4. Wifi connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection issue: My phone & ps4 are connected to our home wifi & it’s working fine, but my laptop is connected & saying there’s no internet. I’ve restarted the router, restarted my laptop, ‘forgotten’ & reconnected to the wifi & still no internet connection. Is there anything else I can do?...
  5. Wifi connecting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connecting issue: Hi everyone,I'm facing terrible wifi connecting issue. Sometimes my laptop can not connect to wifi and when I run my windows 10 troubleshooting tools. It would be fixed within 30 seconds and it says 'the default getaway is not available. However, sometimes just 1 minute...
  6. WiFi/Connectivity Issues

WiFi/Connectivity Issues: I own a Surface Book 3 and have had it for almost a year. I wanted to love it so much, but all I feel is annoyed and frustrated. It worked great the first 13 days that I had it, and then, right after the 14 day return period, the wifi issues, color, and heating issues...
  7. WiFi connection issue

WiFi connection issue: I have been having issues connecting to the internet on my laptop. This is what comes up each time I try to troubleshoot the network. I have tried all sorts by going into the settings of this adapter, it doesn’t appear to need an update but I am concerned that it actually...
  8. WiFi Connection Issues

WiFi Connection Issues: When I'm at home, my Dell Inspiron 5759 does not connect to my home WiFi network, but all other devices in the house do. When I'm on the road it also will not connect to the hotel WiFi network. My network icon in the task bar is a globe, instead of the typical WiFi icon....
  9. Wifi connectivity issue

Wifi connectivity issue: My pc has an issue from last two years. It cannot connect to WiFi network until I, restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connectivity-issue/3169f5ef-8d70-48ff-bbc3-5a2376184dab
  10. wifi connectivity issue.

wifi connectivity issue.: Since the last feature update my Toshiba satellite C855D-S5230 won't connect to my wifi network. Diagnostics show the network up an running (tablet and phones work fine), but I need the ethernet cord to connect from my pc. Is this a known problem that a fix will soon be...