Windows 10: issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM

Discus and support issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/tyanu_khah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flbbf4/issue_with_connecting_to_a_newly_created_hyperv_vm/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tyanu_khah, Mar 19, 2020.

1. issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM

/u/tyanu_khah, Mar 19, 2020
  2. mjena Win User

Creating RemoteApps from two different Hyper-V VMs to run on the Host PC

Hi Ryan, thank you for the reply.

I went through the steps in that article, it seems to be trying to create a connection from guest machine to the host machine, I am trying to Connect to applications on two HyperV VMs FROM the host machine.

generally when i open RDP and put the hostmachine name in there, it obviously doesnt allow it. so I wonder how this could be set up or if it's possible to set up

mjena, Mar 19, 2020
  3. bpgt64 Win User
    Window's Server Backup, crashing HyperV vms

Hello,

We're backing up a couple of HyperV VM's to external disk, and periodically(about 50% of the time), the VM being backed up will crash during the snapshot process, backup of that component will fail. We're getting;

The disk signature of disk 2 is equal to the disk signature of disk 0
    The disk signature of disk 3 is equal to the disk signature of disk 1

warnings in the logs

bpgt64, Mar 19, 2020
  4. TypeDan Win User

issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM

HyperV - Windows 10

Hi,

I have strange issue whilst running Hyper V on my computer.

I've created a test machine, "Ubuntu", the live media is mounted. I can see a preview of the VM running; I can see the setup waiting for action, however, when I try to connect to the VM I receive the following error

"The session was disconnected. If you want to continue, try to connect again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Would you like to try and reconnect?"

Thing's I've tried

Creating a GEN 2 VM

Disabling the NIC's "offload" settings

Performing a Disk2VHD on working Windows 10 machine

Ensured enhanced mode isn't being used

Tried with/wo RemoteFX

Removed and readded HyperV feature

performed an sfc /scannow

Checked for updates.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

TypeDan, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM

1. issue with connecting to a newly created hyperv VM - Similar Threads - issue connecting newly

2. creating a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    creating a VM: I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive (SSD (500gb)). I've already found and made my windows 11.ISO file as well which is over on my C drive. If I create a VM and...
  3. how do i copy a file from host to hyperv vm

how do i copy a file from host to hyperv vm: Where am I going wrong. I am on windows10 pro; have enabled guest services and tried this command top copy to the hyperv vm: Copy-VMFile "raspi" -SourcePath "D:\temp.txt" -DestinationPath "/home/pi" -CreateFullPath -FileSource host Copy-VMFile : Failed to initiate copying...
  4. HyperV and Grub mouse issue.

HyperV and Grub mouse issue.: So I decided to install ubuntu alongside windows in a Hyper-V VM (more as an experiment than desire). It all went fine without any hitches. The only problem I have come across is the GRUB selection menu is like the old style Windows 7 dual boot menus and only responds to...
  5. About A Newly Created Trojan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About A Newly Created Trojan?: Dear Sir\Madam, How's things?, I just like to know can Windows Defender detect newly created Trojans and defend ones computer as promised as I think this is where Windows Defender's problem originates from in its poor ability against newly...
  6. HyperV Management issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HyperV Management issues: Suddenly, Hyper-V Manager is not showing any of my VMs. About my only option is "Connect to Server". When I try to connect to the service locally, I get a message saying to check theat the Virtual Machine Management Service is running. VMMS.exe appears to be running....
  7. how is a newly created network made a connection point?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how is a newly created network made a connection point?: A newly created network of mine appears on the managed list of known networks but the list of available networks. why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-a-newly-created-network-made-a-connection/10ffadda-32f8-41c0-91d6-8aef35e99265
  8. VM connection issue with Hyper-V

VM connection issue with Hyper-V: I have had this long standing issue with Hyper-V VMconnection as follows. Sometimes I have a VM in a window, and I go to maximise it to full screen, but the windows 10 display part does no resize to full Window. Ok that is usually sorted by clicking the Hyper-V control bar...
  9. VM Issues

VM Issues: Hello looks like i have an issue with all my Vms, i have not changed anything , but today when i tried to launch then i go this error. i have been updating win 10 from the beginning and never had a issues , I would hate to have to rebuild them all, i cant even go back to a...
  10. VM issues

VM issues: Hello My question is a general one but I am curious as to how many people have VM's. I ask because I know you can test programs in it and run a more secure OS. I know it takes practice to become proficient with most everything but I have used Oracle's Virtual Box abut...