Windows 10: Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

Discus and support Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; OK. Can't quite figure this out. It is a recent problem with my desktop PC. WIN10 Home, self-built: Ryzen 5600X CPU, ASUS B550M MB, 32GB DDR 3200 RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bozinonsumus, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

OK. Can't quite figure this out. It is a recent problem with my desktop PC. WIN10 Home, self-built: Ryzen 5600X CPU, ASUS B550M MB, 32GB DDR 3200 RAM, AMD RX 6700XT GPU, and so on - the PC working fine since assembly and being placed in-service about 6-7 months ago. Last month or so, however, when I leave the PC for any long period of time, it goes to sleep. And when I wake it - either by clicking on the keyboard OR moving the mouse or clicking a mouse button. the PC wakes up - screen returns to life and open programs and open windows are there, BUT the cursor does not respond to the mo

:)

bozinonsumus, Feb 14, 2022

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 14, 2022
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2022
  4. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

1. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps - Similar Threads - Issue control cursor

2. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  3. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  4. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps: OK. Can't quite figure this out. It is a recent problem with my desktop PC. WIN10 Home, self-built: Ryzen 5600X CPU, ASUS B550M MB, 32GB DDR 3200 RAM, AMD RX 6700XT GPU, and so on - the PC working fine since assembly and being placed in-service about 6-7 months ago. Last...
  5. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps: OK. Can't quite figure this out. It is a recent problem with my desktop PC. WIN10 Home, self-built: Ryzen 5600X CPU, ASUS B550M MB, 32GB DDR 3200 RAM, AMD RX 6700XT GPU, and so on - the PC working fine since assembly and being placed in-service about 6-7 months ago. Last...
  6. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hi guys, so my PC has always been doing this. 1 in 3 or 4 wake up form sleep the PC will restart itself, and creating the dmp below. I have tried everything. From memory test, reinatalling GPU drivers, using old drivers, even doing a restart function with Windows, which kept...
  7. Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep: After putting my desktop pc to sleep, I used to Wake it up again by pressing the large 'Enter' button on my Keyboard. Now, this doesn't work for me and I have to press the main 'Power' button. I have tried HP's Keyboard Trouble shooter, and windows Trouble shooter but cannot...
  8. BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?): Hello everybody! I have a Dell Vostro 15 3568 laptop with Windows 10 Pro (v. 10.0.17134). Sometimes I go away from the keyboard for long periods of time, and the computer is automatically put in a sleep/hibernate state (I don’t actually know if it’s a “sleep” or a...
  9. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...