Windows 10: issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor

Discus and support issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello everyone this issue started with windows 10 build 1903 may 2019 update, build 1809 did not had this issue and indeed when i reverted to check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dansenju, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Dansenju Win User

issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor

hello everyone this issue started with windows 10 build 1903 may 2019 update, build 1809 did not had this issue and indeed when i reverted to check the issue is gone so its started with build 1903.

so the problem is that on startup(restart the pc or turning it on) the reliability monitor report a crash with ctfloader(ctfmon.exe), setting the touch and handwriting panel service also known as TabletInputService in service.msc to automatic(triggered) seems to fix it because at the next restart or turning on the pc after setting it to automatic the reliability monitor does not report a crash,

but it reset back to manual(triggered) after restart/turning on the pc so the next time unless i put it back to automatic manually,on system start up reliability monitor will again report a crash with ctfloader.

i even tried in the registry setting it the start regkey to 2(automatic) still after restart/turn on it goes back to 3(automatic)

disabling the service makes searching in the start menu not responding to keyboard inputs.

so is there a way to force the touch and handwriting panel service to stay on automatic even after next pc startup?
    or just a fix for this behaviour that started with build 1903 would be good.

:)

Dansenju, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Cortana Error in Reliability Monitor

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

If you don't find any error with Cortana, and the issue is only with reliability monitor projecting an error with Cortana. I would then request you to perform DISM and check if the issue is removed.

• Press Windows key, and type CMD in search. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Please revert if you face any issues with reliability monitor.

Jessen P, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Reliability Monitor - View All Problem Reports Empty

Hi Ryan,

Windows update can reset your system settings and could've affected the information on your reliability monitor. To help us scan and fix your concern, we suggest that you run an sfc scan. Here are the steps on how to:

• Press Windows

issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor 5be689fe-c53f-45b9-85f5-44c8f2bae2b4.png
      key +
      X key.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type in sfc /scannow.
    • Press the Enter key.

Once done with the scan, try to re-launch your reliability monitor and check if information is now available. If the concern persist, you can restore from a system restore point by clicking this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your reliability monitor concern.

Darwin Dim, Jul 10, 2019
  4. issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor

Reliability Monitor - View All Problem Reports Empty

If the SFC scan and system restore didn't resolve your concern, then we proceed in resetting your Reliability monitor's database. Here are the steps on how to:

Disclaimer: In resetting the data base, any information that were initially recorded will be deleted and the Reliability Monitor may require 24 hours to generate a new set of historical data.

• Copy this text on a Notepad. It's a command to reset Reliability Monitor.
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Reliability Analysis\WMI" /v WMIEnable /T

REG_DWORD /D 1 /F

del /f /S /Q /A "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData\*"

del /f /S /Q /A "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\*"

@echo off

FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit')

DO SET adminTest=%%V

IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin

for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")

echo.

echo

goto theEnd

:do_clear

echo clearing %1

wevtutil.exe cl %1

goto :eof

:noAdmin

exit

2. Save and name the file as resetRM.bat

3. Right-click and select Open. If prompted for a UAC, then click Yes.

Note: You must be the admin of your Windows to open the file.

4. Once you select Open, you'll see a set of commands running inside

the command prompt to reset Reliability Monitor.

If in case you don't find Reliability Monitor in a reset condition, then repeat the steps 3 & 4. Reboot your device and this time it should reset the Reliability Monitor.

Once done with the steps, allow 24 hours and relaunch the reliability monitor. Check if your concern persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor

1. issue with ctfloader in reliability monitor - Similar Threads - issue ctfloader reliability

2. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  3. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  4. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor: I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait. The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors...
  5. Reliability monitor

Reliability monitor: Reliability monitor shows unsuccessful application installation every 15 minutes Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.1.226. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 1603...
  6. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  7. Reliability Monitor corrupted ?

Reliability Monitor corrupted ?: Hello, For several weeks, the reliability monitor of Windows 10 ( Version 1909 ( 18363.815 ), 64 bits ) no longer shows me any information ( Critical errors, warnings, Windows Update updates ) outside the horizontal graph line ( Daily score from 0 to 10 ). The window is...
  8. Reliability Monitor is showing an issue

Reliability Monitor is showing an issue: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff998344e5a010 Parameter 2: fffff8019475eb24 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: fc4 OS version: 10_0_17763 Service...
  9. Reliability Monitor Questions

Reliability Monitor Questions: Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. My question is about the Reliability Monitor. First, I am not showing any entries at all. Not even any blue update notifications, which have been there in the past. Is there any reason these entries are no...
  10. Reliability monitor graph

Reliability monitor graph: Reliability monitor failure/success points display as they should, but graph stays at maximum and never varies. This, on a Windows 10 HOME laptop. On the W10 Pro desktop, the graph tracks as it should. Both are clean, virus-free installs. Reliability history has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctf loader stopped working 1903