Windows 10: Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update

Discus and support Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a program called Dashware to overlay telemetry data from my racecar onto video taken with a GoPro to provide driver coaching to identify how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by balein, Aug 11, 2016.

1. balein Win User

Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update

I use a program called Dashware to overlay telemetry data from my racecar onto video taken with a GoPro to provide driver coaching to identify how I can go faster. The Dashware software is now owned by GoPro, but is no longer developed.

Dashware runs fine under version 1511, but after update to 1607 it will no longer load and play videos in any file format I have tried (MP4, MPG, WMV). It starts to open the video file, but then hangs before I will play it.

I have tried this on three separate PC's with the same results, and other users are also reporting the issue, so I do not think it is specific to my PC configuration.

The Dashware program requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run and uses FFMPEG for video encoding

I have now reverted one laptop back to 1511 and Dashware runs fine again.

Can anyone think of any changes within Build 1607 that could be causing the problems.
    Secondly are there any tips on how to stop Windows Update automatically running the update back to 1607 again?

:)

balein, Aug 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 anniversary edition caused Dashware to stop being able to read .mp4

Are you able to play mp4 files using other apps? Since you mentioned that no issues are reported in Windows, please contact Dashware Support for better assistance.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 anniversary edition caused Dashware to stop being able to read .mp4

I was able to get my video to display after reading a post on facebook by Marco Calado.

Just delete MFPlat.dll from the dashware folder and run dashware.exe from the folder.

Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update [​IMG]

Frank C. D'Amato, Aug 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, thinking of one thread I've read, can you confirm you can play those formats with Windows Media Player?
    I have no problem with playing video formats, and haven't seen other threads on such an issue.
    (May only be relevant if there is a codec related issue e.g.)

Note: I found 4 minor programs to be incompatible after updating.
    I suggest you need to ask Dashware if their program is compatible with the upgrade or not.

I tried installing it and loading an mp4 and an avi: neither was displayed in the preview window.

Yes, you can stop Windows updating. Just search the web.
    You can also block specific updates.

I have found this for you in the Tutorial section - please feel free to browse or search it.. so many good things.
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  5. balein Win User
    The videos play OK in Media Player and also the Video App. Unfortunately the Dashware program is no longer maintained since it was sold to GoPro, so there is not much chance of getting it fixed.

I have just found KB3073930 wushowhide.cab and am running that to disable the Anniversary Update running. I have also ticked the defer updates box in Windows Update which will also hopefully stop the update (I'm running Win 10 Pro). At least if this works I can keep my old laptop just to do this one task.

balein, Aug 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Sounds like a fix.. good.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Issue Dashware program

2. Anniversary Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Issue: I keep reading about the anniversary Issue. What is it and do I want it? 64153
  3. Anniversary Update issues with small devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update issues with small devices: Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been trying for many hours over the past week, mainly with the help of several Microsoft Support technicians. I terminated the last...
  4. Anniversary update change default programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update change default programs?: Did the anniversary update change the way the default programs used to work? I can't seem to set the default programs to use portable applications now. And its alot harder to set file associations as well for portable apps. 71812
  5. Anniversary Update and touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update and touchpad issues: Soon after the windows 10 anniversary update was available I installed it on a Dell D 630. Right away I had issues with the touchpad. Text would be highlighted that I did not select by merely passing the mouse pointer over it. Pages would change without my commands. So I...
  6. DNS problems following Anniversary Update on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS problems following Anniversary Update on my Dell laptop: I downloaded and installed the Anniversary update on my Dell laptop last week. Since then, I've been having trouble with the laptop's WiFi adapter setting getting changed from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following DNS server address: 82.163.143.171....
  7. Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update: Since the Anniversary update (10.14393.51), which I did yesterday, to a Windows 10 Home laptop , I have several problems with Windows apps. Looking at the Event viewer I found several 5973 ERRORS for the following apps: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell Event:5973...
  8. windows 10 anniversary update issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 anniversary update issues: Hello I would like all of you people to post here any issues you encountered during or after installation of the Windows 10 anniversary update. Maybe we can use this as an index of issues to expect... 81448
  9. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...
  10. Anniversary Update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update issues: I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok, Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason? I tried downloading...