Windows 10: Issue with different windows closing on their own

Discus and support Issue with different windows closing on their own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'll be using something like Firefox and suddenly it closes down. Most of the time I can't reopen it & if I can it closes again seconds later. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TBlue321, Dec 22, 2019.

1. TBlue321 Win User

Issue with different windows closing on their own

I'll be using something like Firefox and suddenly it closes down. Most of the time I can't reopen it & if I can it closes again seconds later. From then on the same thing will happen to anything I try to view Netflix app, mail app etc. I'll look at it and within 10 seconds it'll close. What's strange is that if I'm watching a video on Firefox I can still hear it playing even when it closes and I can't open it again. Firefox is still working in the background according to task manager even though the icon on the taskbar doesn't show that it is open at all. The only way I can fix the problem is by restarting the computer, although 1/10 times the problem persists and I have to restart a second time. I notice that a lot of the time this problem happens soon after coming out of sleep mode, although that's not the only time. Side note - sometimes after it happens with Firefox, another Firefox window with a slightly different logo pops up on the taskbar, although it won't let me open it

I need help assessing what the problem could be & how I would go about fixing it. I have tried SFC/DISM which show no errors.

:)

TBlue321, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 22, 2019
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Issue with different windows closing on their own 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Issue with different windows closing on their own 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Issue with different windows closing on their own

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Issue with different windows closing on their own

1. Issue with different windows closing on their own - Similar Threads - Issue different closing

2. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  3. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  4. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  5. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  6. windows settings closing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings closing on its own: when i open my settings and click on a category the settings app just closes on itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-closing-on-its-own/f7e242d2-72be-4c4e-90bc-197bd7917709
  7. Edge closing PDF files on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge closing PDF files on its own: When will Microsoft fix the problem with Edge closing PDF files on its own? If I can't work with a PDF because of Edge, then I need other software. BTW, I did not ask for Edge nor its incumbent problems!...
  8. programs, browers close and/or minimize on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs, browers close and/or minimize on their own: I have a new HP laptop and for the past month, my browser will close on its own and Word will minimize on its own. How do I stop this? Also, since the last update, when I'm using Windows Settings, and I click on a topic, it goes automatically to Bing and there is no way to...
  9. Folders closing on their own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders closing on their own: Hoping someone can help. I've been having some issues with my computer running really slowly and not responding which I suspect has something to do with a failing HDD. I ran a check disk and the number of "hard disk has a bad block" errors in event viewer had dropped...
  10. Issue With Applications closing on their own, suddenly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue With Applications closing on their own, suddenly.: I have a Lenovo Laptop and recently I have been experiencing some issue with my Windows 10. As soon as I open any application or even file explorer, the applications close automatically. Also, When I type something, anywhere, the applications close on their own. The "shut...