Windows 10: Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

Discus and support Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OverheadHades49, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

Hi!

I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10. The emulator is working perfectly, the only issue is that when attempting to install the games through windows xp, I insert the disc and windows 10 running the emulation, reads the disc and sees that it does not recognise it, and then automatically ejects the disc stating:

"Please inset a disc into drive D:"

I can see that the Windows xp emulation recognises the disc fine, so I need to find a way to stop windows 10 automatically reading the disc when I insert it and automatically ejecting it as a result, so that I can read it through the emulation.

Any help is very much appreciated!

:)

OverheadHades49, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

Disc Drive issue.

Is the drive inside the PC or is it connected as an external drive in a drive caddy? The disc goes inside this drive either via a slot at the front or more likely via a tray which pops out when the eject button is pressed.

Is there a button on the front of the drive which ejects the disc tray?

Time Lady, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Jennydg Win User
    DVD drive ejecting disc

Am trying is reinstall a program via cd. The drive does not seem to recognize it and will eject it at the same time it asks me to insert a disc.

Jennydg, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

After installing printer, I can't eject the install disc

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To reject the disc out I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “windows+X”, it will open the “file explorer”.
    • Then on the left hand side click on “This PC”.
    • You will find the “DVD Drive”, right click on it
    • And click on “eject option” and check whether the DVD is ejected or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

1. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc - Similar Threads - Issue disc drive

2. a way to hide disc drives with no disc in them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a way to hide disc drives with no disc in them: i kinda hate how my PC folder has empty drives for disc trays that have no disc, its unnecessary clutter (you don't keep empty tupperware in the fridge even if you're planning on putting stuff in them some day). i'd just permanently hide it like i just did the reserved...
  3. CD drive wont read, format, or eject discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD drive wont read, format, or eject discs.: Hello,I wanted to read some CD's so i can dump them to a flash drive to use on my PS3 and i cant format or read them. When i do it it gives me an I/O error and wont eject, unless i use a unfolded paperclip to use the emergancy eject button.This happend after taking the...
  4. Disc drive

Disc drive: I have a Toshiba Satellite C850D-107 laptop and the disk drive doesn't recognise when I put a cd in. I'm trying to add some cd's to my Itunes library. There's the usual whirring sound but then nothing. The laptop has the latest updates I went in to device manager and tried...
  5. disc drive

disc drive: How do you open the disc drive if there even is one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive/c5e47bc9-b058-40b2-be84-7aa3690620a5
  6. Optical Drives ejecting discs

Optical Drives ejecting discs: The optical drives I have attached to my Win 10 PC have stopped recognizing discs. The driver installed with the latest drivers and are physically recognized by the PC. However, when a disc is inserted it is not recognized and autoplay does not happen. Furthermore, when...
  7. i cant eject my disc

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant eject my disc: the button on the side of my computer wont work, so ive been trying to eject the disc digitally. I have looked at every page on google, and they say "go to files, and click on 'my computer' or 'my pc' then right click 'disc' or 'cd rom' and click eject." but when I click "my...
  8. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  9. Unknown Disc Drive

Unknown Disc Drive: Using File Explorer I noticed that I had a disc drive indicated as 'USB Drive (F:)' This puzzled me as I don't have any USB drives connected; neither are there any card reader slots which may have been a reason. I checked, via Administrative Tools/Computer Management, and...
  10. Disc Drive issue.

Disc Drive issue.: I really want to install and play Zoo Tycoon 2 and the expansion packs but the problem is that the disc drive on my computer (a Lenovo thinkpad 320) is either too much small for the disk to fit on or the disk is too big and I really want to play the game again since I own it...