Windows 10: Issue with downloading files from some websites

Discus and support Issue with downloading files from some websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new HP computer with Windows 10 Home (version 1803, OS Build 17134.441). I am able to download various programs (ie Malwarebytes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DishmanMS, Dec 10, 2018.

1. DishmanMS Win User

Issue with downloading files from some websites

I recently purchased a new HP computer with Windows 10 Home (version 1803, OS Build 17134.441). I am able to download various programs (ie Malwarebytes and Chrome) with no problem, however when I try to download from some others like MyPowerChurch ( I can't recall the other website I had an issue with), the download hangs. The download begins with placing the name of the file in the folder but does not get past downloading 0%.

Notes:

1. The download from Mypowerchurch.com hangs with all Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

2. I have another computer running Windows 10 on the same network that is able to download from all of the websites with no issues.

3. I am running Windows Defender with the firewall enabled on both computers. All windows software for virus and malware. I am running Malwarebytes and tried removing it to see if it made a difference which it didn't.

Looking for other things to try to get the download working. Part of the reason is that there is a client/server software that runs from MyPowerChurch and that is not connecting on this new computer.

:)

DishmanMS, Dec 10, 2018

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Issue with downloading files from some websites

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Issue with downloading files from some websites

1. Issue with downloading files from some websites - Similar Threads - Issue downloading files

2. Can't download ISO from website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download ISO from website: I can't download the current ISO file because of this error and I'm not sure whqat to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-iso-from-website/cb28c875-47f1-460f-b071-914a74f101b7
  3. issues with some websites

in Browsers and Email
    issues with some websites: I have found in the past few months issues going to certain websites,it is like many sites have made changes and didn't tell anybody. I even worked with MicroSoft and we loaded again Windows 10 into my PC , with me still having issues. I ran virus checks and all is OK. An...
  4. Downloads from this website are Contain Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloads from this website are Contain Malware: I hope, you are all good when I download a software on this <Removed> then try to install the software my all files corrupted and convert into browser extension Please tell me how I resolve this problem because i have a lot of important data on my pc. [Original Title:...
  5. after clean install from downloading iso files from websites

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after clean install from downloading iso files from websites: I purchased my lenovo laptop which was of windows 10 pro version. Then I used pirated version of windows 10 education. now I downloaded iso files of windows 10 pro from websites and installed it. And I am now [ATTACH]stuck at the above shown pictures. I don't have the...
  6. Windows 10 - downloading .txt files from websites such as citibank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - downloading .txt files from websites such as citibank: Hi all, So I have recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7. When using windows 7 I would use the citibank website and download a file which was a text document and would save to a drive location I had previously mapped. I would download a file which citibank shows...
  7. Discounted license from some websites

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Discounted license from some websites: I found some websites who sells windows10 in around 90% discount. How they manage to sell such low price? Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 CD Key Global : buy cheap Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 CD Key Global with instant delivery from GVGMall 128545
  8. Discounted license from some websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Discounted license from some websites: I found some websites who sells windows10 in around 90% discount. How they manage to sell such low price? Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 CD Key Global : buy cheap Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 CD Key Global with instant delivery from GVGMall 128545
  9. Download from the website app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Download from the website app issue: I need to download a specific software from the web, but defender won't let me do that. How can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-the-website-app-issue/7b17194f-a8b3-40ae-a3d8-f69bddd5e5c0
  10. Not Printing with Win10 download from websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Printing with Win10 download from websites: Hello, I downloaded windows 10 but now my printer is not printing from different websites or from my email accounts. I have a Canon MX700 series. It will print only things that I have in Microsoft word but not from any site online. I also get the error message...Awww Snap...