Windows 10: Issue with Downloading Windows 11

Discus and support Issue with Downloading Windows 11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,i was downloading windows 11 update from windows update but then i changed my mind and since it could not be canceled, I suspended updates for 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amritpal Singh_, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Issue with Downloading Windows 11

Hello,i was downloading windows 11 update from windows update but then i changed my mind and since it could not be canceled, I suspended updates for 7 days. the download was already at 40% and the files are not left in the pc? Because when i try to redownload windows 11 it starts from 0%. Pls answer. [Original Title: Windows 11]

:)

Amritpal Singh_, Oct 24, 2021

2. Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

The behaviour of Internet Explorer 11 has changed of late, probably after some Windows updates.
    When I attempt to download pictures or software from legitimate sites such as Flickr, Adobe or AVG for example, I receive the “This file can’t be downloaded” error message. This did not happen in the past.

Most references to this problem suggest as a solution to reset IE completely – I tried this and the problem remains.
    I tried running IE without add-ons and that did not help.
    I temporarily disabled my AVG Internet Security software – no help.
    I did a system restore, but no help as my restore points don’t go back far enough.

The only workarounds I am able to find are

1. Run IE11 as administrator
    2. Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode” under IE security tab
    Both remove the problem though I don’t like either.

It would appear that lots of people experience the same issue but I have not been able to find a solution, only the workarounds above.
    Is anyone able to assist?

PeterAstle, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Issue with Downloading Windows 11

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Issue with Downloading Windows 11 [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Downloading Windows 11

1. Issue with Downloading Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Issue Downloading

2. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  3. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  4. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable: When I attempt to download the most current X64 version of the Visual C++ redistributable it gives me an error saying that there is already a download in progress. How do I correct? I have restarted multiple times.I am downloading from this link...
  6. Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable

Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable: When I attempt to download the most current X64 version of the Visual C++ redistributable it gives me an error saying that there is already a download in progress. How do I correct? I have restarted multiple times.I am downloading from this link...
  7. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  8. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  9. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

10. I just got an issue with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store in the latest update of MS.

I just got an issue with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store in the latest update of MS.: In the latest update of Windows 11 and the Microsoft store MS, I encountered a rather annoying error: Apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store cannot be enabled in the Startupapps section of task manager. Furthermore, it cannot find the .exe file link of applications which...