Windows 10: Issue with email and when searching for documents

Discus and support Issue with email and when searching for documents in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,I have an issue where when I am typing an email on the mail app that comes with windows 10, every time I press a key it just keeps pressing that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JackAgg, Feb 11, 2022.

1. JackAgg Win User

Issue with email and when searching for documents

Hi,I have an issue where when I am typing an email on the mail app that comes with windows 10, every time I press a key it just keeps pressing that same key without me doing anything. Another thing I have noticed is that when I search for a document or a download, the dropdown thing at the top next to where you can search just keeps on scrolling constantly, making it nearly impossible to search for documents - it doesn't appear to be affecting anything else whatsoever including internet. Any idea what I have done and how to fix it as its making my life and work hell??

:)

JackAgg, Feb 11, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 11, 2022
  3. search issue

Hi,

Most likely, this problem is caused by search and indexing issues on your computer. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Search and Indexing and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Feb 11, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Issue with email and when searching for documents - Similar Threads - Issue email searching

2. When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.

in Cortana
    When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.: We have a person in the office that does a search for a document, in this case she is searching for a document titled Table of contents. When she types it in windows key + document partial name, the document she wants pulls up and she selects enter, or even selects with...
  3. When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.: We have a person in the office that does a search for a document, in this case she is searching for a document titled Table of contents. When she types it in windows key + document partial name, the document she wants pulls up and she selects enter, or even selects with...
  4. When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with email and when searching for documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with email and when searching for documents: Hi,I have an issue where when I am typing an email on the mail app that comes with windows 10, every time I press a key it just keeps pressing that same key without me doing anything. Another thing I have noticed is that when I search for a document or a download, the...
  6. Issue with email and when searching for documents

Issue with email and when searching for documents: Hi,I have an issue where when I am typing an email on the mail app that comes with windows 10, every time I press a key it just keeps pressing that same key without me doing anything. Another thing I have noticed is that when I search for a document or a download, the...
  7. Search for documents

Search for documents: In Windows 7, I used to be able to type in the name of a person, or other word that may be contained in a document in the search bar, and it would find that document. Now, it won't find the document unless I type the name I saved it as. Sometimes I don't remember how I saved...
  8. email search issues

email search issues: This is a recent problem, when searching for historical emails 2018 they appear but when you click on the one you require it starts a domino effect of everything disappearing one by one. I have tried several ways to see if I can open the email, they open and disappear within...
  9. Document search

in Cortana
    Document search: When I conduct a search of my Documents file, the only results I get are for pdf documents. How do I expand the search to include all types of Documents? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-search/67ae9cb6-0f9c-4af7-8fc8-17e52810d4bb
  10. Document Searches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document Searches: Yesterday I installed Windows 10 I an trying to search a large document folder for a specific visio file .vsd. So I opened File Explorer and selected the document folder. According to many solutions I have read, when I hover my cursor in the "Seach Documents Cell" to the...