Windows 10: Issue with Family Safety Monitor

Discus and support Issue with Family Safety Monitor in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc. I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by The Maligator, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc.
    I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked, this weird white square appears in the top left corner of the desktop.

Issue with Family Safety Monitor 6b03937d-bc9d-4823-8d38-704fe4de9577?upload=true.png

You can move the square around, and it seems like it has two layers, one of them movable.

Issue with Family Safety Monitor 8816020c-fcdf-4284-bf93-6c2d4b061160?upload=true.png

This started getting on my nerves a bit, because this shouldn't be happening, and it is happening on EVERY COMPUTER IN MY HOUSE.

I know this is happening because of family safety monitor, because when my dad challenged me to bypass the parental controls, and I did, it stopped until I ran sfc /scannow and then it returned.

If this is any help, whenever I double click one of the squares, all my apps return, but the squares stay.

Honestly, I am debating if this should be put under "Virus and Malware" category, because Microsoft literally just created an extremely annoying malware.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

The Maligator, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with accessing Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in
    the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Set up Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

Family safety monitor stopped working !

Hi,

To isolate the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any changes on your network recently?

You can also refer to the article below for further assistance:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Family Safety Monitor

1. Issue with Family Safety Monitor - Similar Threads - Issue Family Safety

2. Family Safety Issue With Websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Issue With Websites: So, not only is the 'ask now' feature not working for a site, the parent of the family can't manually allow it. It's formatted 'example.com' instead of 'www.example.com' or anything like that, and Microsoft is claiming it's not a valid site. The child can get onto it on...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Microsoft Family Safety issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety issue

Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety issues

Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety issues

Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in Windows 10 Gaming