Windows 10: Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below...

Discus and support Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below on windows 10 1909 and 2004 Link to videos of issues:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulstechtips, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below...

Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below on windows 10 1909 and 2004

Link to videos of issues:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqzlSl9EGJfrgZQQ9d4YVTjLATf4SQ?e=uNZwke

The issues keep happening on different computer systems

:)

paulstechtips, Jul 7, 2020

2. I get random flickering Artifacts on my screen, it is very noticeable in the start screen icons flickering

Hi Brian,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Can you inform us which are the updates installed in your computer before flickering artifacts appear on your system? (This way we can check if the particular update is the cause to the issue)

• Does the flickering artifacts appear while you use any particular application/ randomly?
    You may follow the below steps to check what are the updates installed in your computer.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Click on View installed updates on the left navigation pane.

• Here you will be able to view the latest installed updates.
    As you have said flickering artifacts appear after installing some updates, you may try to uninstall the updates and check if it resolve the flickering artifacts.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Click on View installed updates on the left navigation pane.

• Now find the latest update installed, right click and select
      uninstall.

• Click on yes if prompted.

• Reboot the system and check if you face the issue.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 7, 2020
  3. barndoor Win User
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Jul 7, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below...

Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below...

1. Issue With Flickering Artifacting and also blinking in mail and the system in videos below... - Similar Threads - Issue Flickering Artifacting

2. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  3. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  4. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  6. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  7. Screen flickering/blinking issue

8. Forza Horizon 4 shows blinking artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 shows blinking artifacts: In Windows 10 1903 build 18362, the game shows blinking elements, like car panel and headlights. Tested with Nvidia drivers 419.67 and 430.00 Video showing the issue: Forza Horizon 4 blinking issue in Windows 10 1903 build 18362 It didn't happen in Windows 10 1809 with...
  9. flickering and blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering and blinking: my screen flickers and blinks for a while when I go to a new site. Does this indicate the presence of a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-and-blinking/6284db35-060d-442f-b0af-a97818fca5ba
  10. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Screen Flickering & Blinking issue: Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i get back to windows but facing the same issue here in windows also. I have two graphics card. One is Intel HD graphics 620 &...