Windows 10: Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports

Discus and support Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So I recently finished building my PC. Running windows 10 and a ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. Connected to my monitor with no integrated speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Mandarin 4, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports

Hello,

So I recently finished building my PC. Running windows 10 and a ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. Connected to my monitor with no integrated speakers off an HDMI. So I have been using a set of desktop speakers, but for some reason are not read if I use the front audio port on my Case. Kinda cheapy DIYPC case so I think that may contribute but the USB ports and everything else works perfectly fine. They've been connected to the rear I/O to the motherboard and have been working fine. I've also recently gotten a set of headphones with a mic and a splitter cable to take up both jacks on the front. However, they do not work. Nothing gets recognized by the front ports, I've tried troubleshooting a bunch (All the drivers and everything are up to date as is Windows) but I cannot seem to figure out this problem. As of right now they are plugged into the rear shield and working just fine but I'd like to be able to primarily run the speakers in the rear, then plug my headphones into the front whenever necessary.

Thanks in advance

:)

The Mandarin 4, Nov 10, 2019

2. Windows 10: Microphone and Headphone Recognition issues.

Hi Armandill,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in audio settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "1/8 inch cable port
      Are you referring that there is no headphone port or microphone port on the computer?
    • Have you checked the computer specification regarding the audio ports?

I suggest you to check if speaker and microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Check if microphone and headphone driver is available or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with headphone and microphone usage on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 10, 2019
  3. AliseReid Win User
    Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports

Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports

1. Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports - Similar Threads - Issue front Microphone

2. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  3. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  4. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Front USB Ports Not Working

Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  6. Microphone Input Issue with Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Input Issue with Headphones: [ATTACH] There is just no input after selecting my headphones as the source. It doesn't even show the bar, which it does if I chose my normal pc mic. Tried to troubleshoot, no result....
  7. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  8. BeatsX Headphones microphone issues

BeatsX Headphones microphone issues: I've recently gotten BeatsX headphones, they work fine on any of my devices besides my pc, when trying to use the microphone it stops all audio from coming out of the speakers, do any of you know a solution to this issue? Thanks!...
  9. Front Microphone

Front Microphone: My front microphone was disabled because I use headsets for my work. I was able to set the headsets as the default, but now I cant get my microphone in the front to work. I went to manage audio, and tried enabling the microphone but it is not letting me do it. It is...
  10. front ports on desktop

front ports on desktop: ok im not real good with computers so i was familiarizing myself with the computer so i guess i switched the assigned color ports on the front panel in the system now when i plug in the splitter with mic and headphones the mic shows up in the color spot as headphone port and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. focus g case headphone ports dont work

2. headphone in pc front microphone port

3. headphone mic ports front of pc dont work

4. windows 10 change microphone and headphone ports