Windows 10: Issue with FTPM/TPM

Discus and support Issue with FTPM/TPM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. Can anyone please help me with this. Regardless I press Yes or No it just loops back to same message. Restarted and I'm with a black screen.Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mohamed Rizvi Amath -, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Issue with FTPM/TPM

Hi. Can anyone please help me with this. Regardless I press Yes or No it just loops back to same message. Restarted and I'm with a black screen.Using windows 11 Home

:)

Mohamed Rizvi Amath -, Jun 17, 2023
  2. Bree Win User

TPM support

The TPM 2.0 specifications can be implemented by a hardware chip, in which case it will be listed in the bios as 'TPM'. Newer processors can also support a firmware implementation of TPM 2.0. This is where it gets confusing as that may be listed in the bios as fTPM or PTT. All implementations of TPM 2.0, hardware or firmware, will meet the W11 requirements.

TPM 2.0 for Windows 11 - What about Intel PTT and AMD fTPM?

3. TPM and fTPM

Yes, thanks. Since my original post, I have looked into my AMD CPU specification, and you are right, its fTPM 2.0 that is embedded in there, and so that is the reason why the Windows 11 checker gave my PC a "pass". I have also looked into the difference between the fTPM firmware situation and having the physical chip, and much of the info is highly technical, but it seems that the chip is faster than fTPM and in some way that I don't (yet) understand, is more secure, though whether the difference in security for a home environment is significant remains to be seen.
    My TPM chip is on order from SCAN for £14 (I live quite near their shop), and when they notify me, I'll go and collect it (I always like looking round their shop).
    I want faster booting, but I think that I have reached the speed limits of what my BIOS can do in that respect. I've also used the Autoruns64 app from SysInternals to stop all sorts of stuff once past the Bios. I noticed that in their publicity, Microsoft claim that Win11 gives faster bootup, but given the checks that TPM performs, which are bound to take some time, I wonder how that will affect Microsoft's claims.

jameswesthead, Jun 17, 2023
  4. Issue with FTPM/TPM

TPM 2.0 with AMD fTPM bios setting enabled on Asus x570 mobo

With MS getting in a funk and making TPM 2.0 a mandatory system requirement I ran the Windows 11 system checker MS released. It said my main system with an Asus ROG Strix x570-E Gaming (bios 3603) wasn't compliant because there was no TPM 2.0.

btw I'm running Windows 10 21H1 - 19043.1081.

So I dived into the bios set AMD fTPM Configuration to Enabled and now the PC is TPM 2.0 compliant.
    Does anyone have experience with the mobo Q code 9E (listed as being for future use) which now displays? I know it shows after running the AMD Ryzen Master app.

Has anyone had any issues when this Q code 9E displays? I'm going to leave the fTpm setting in the bios enabled to see what happens. There are no error messages in the Event Viewer nor system crashes etc. so far.

Here is a screen capture from the TPM module in Windows:

Issue with FTPM/TPM 338549d1624563479t-tpm-2-0-amd-ftpm-bios-setting-enabled-asus-x570-mobo-tpm.png

Marcus Vinicus, Jun 17, 2023
Thema:

Issue with FTPM/TPM

1. Issue with FTPM/TPM - Similar Threads - Issue FTPM TPM

2. TPM issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM issue: My TPM has not been functioning properly, keeps giving the error 'device cannot start' even though it's enabled in bios. I've tried most of the suggested solutions like uninstalling the driver from device manager and restarting but none of the that seems to work...
  3. TPM issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM issue: My TPM has not been functioning properly, keeps giving the error 'device cannot start' even though it's enabled in bios. I've tried most of the suggested solutions like uninstalling the driver from device manager and restarting but none of the that seems to work...
  4. TPM flutter. fTPM and Ryzen 5, 3600 Processor, B550 motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM flutter. fTPM and Ryzen 5, 3600 Processor, B550 motherboard.: Hi everyone This is for information only as finally resolved. Windows 11 started out fine with no local security problems and the device meeting requirements for enhanced security. Updates changed this for many of us until Microsoft sorted things. My pc however continued to...
  5. TPM flutter. fTPM and Ryzen 5, 3600 Processor, B550 motherboard.

TPM flutter. fTPM and Ryzen 5, 3600 Processor, B550 motherboard.: Hi everyone This is for information only as finally resolved. Windows 11 started out fine with no local security problems and the device meeting requirements for enhanced security. Updates changed this for many of us until Microsoft sorted things. My pc however continued to...
  6. Issue with FTPM/TPM

Issue with FTPM/TPM: Hi. Can anyone please help me with this. Regardless I press Yes or No it just loops back to same message. Restarted and I'm with a black screen.Using windows 11 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-ftpmtpm/8011a64a-28b1-41fd-8da0-439389646408
  7. FTPM thing

FTPM thing: My laptop suddenly turned off and won't open but after a few minutes it did and the display was a black screen with a blue box that says see photos. and everytime i restart or open my laptop it always be like that and i just always press no and its i can use my laptop like...
  8. FTPM thing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FTPM thing: My laptop suddenly turned off and won't open but after a few minutes it did and the display was a black screen with a blue box that says see photos. and everytime i restart or open my laptop it always be like that and i just always press no and its i can use my laptop like...
  9. TPM issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM issue: I have a TPM malfunction: error code 80090030. But when I went to the security center and then device security there was no option enabling me to click on security processor details or to get to the security processor troubleshooter. What do I do? Betsy...
  10. TPM issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM issue: I am getting a notification from Windows Defender “a firmware update is needed for your security processor (TPM)” What do I need to do? I am having a problem with internet intermittently not working....