Windows 10: Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues

Discus and support Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I posted the below on the Google Chrome support site, and it was recommended that I also seek solutions here as one of the experts said it may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shryn, Oct 18, 2021.

1. shryn Win User

Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues

Hi there,I posted the below on the Google Chrome support site, and it was recommended that I also seek solutions here as one of the experts said it may be something more to do with Windows than Chrome itself. I'm desperate to get an answer from someone!For the past few days, whenever I have Chrome open, the cursor is constantly blinking, showing the Windows 'loading' blue circle, for a frame or two at a time, a few times a second. Sometimes it's worse than other times. Sometimes I'm unable to use dropdown selection menus when this is happening, almost like it's trying to register a click each

:)

shryn, Oct 18, 2021

2. Cursor issues in Google chrome

Hi Hayden,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you are facing the same issue with internet explorer?

If the issue is specific to Google Chrome I would suggest you to contact Google support as they are more equipped to resolve the issue.

Please refer the link below for Google support :

Google Help

Hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 18, 2021
  3. mkaars17 Win User
    Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

I have a windows 10, MSI gaming laptop and recently had a hard drive failure. Swapped the HHD out for a SSD. I booted into a Recovery USB and windows loaded. Soon after I started seeing issues with google chrome. Before the hard drive failure I never once
    saw an issue with google chrome.

Whenever I launch Chrome, the web pages are slow to load/ do not load at all. I receive the Error ( ERR_TIMED_OUT) frequently. However, internet explorer and edge will work just fine.

I have forgotten the WIFI from Network list then restarted my computer and issue persisted.

I have reset/turned off my router/modem, restarted my computer and issue persisted.

I have reinstalled/updated my Wireless internet driver and then did previous steps above and issue still persists.

Not sure if anyone on here knows if there is a problem with google chrome, but I have not found any similar post out on the internet.

mkaars17, Oct 18, 2021
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues

Google Chrome Issues

I been running Chrome for a while and I love the layout, but I been getting some interesting issues with it. Mainly it seems that every now and then it likes to completely clear my thumbnails, and all my other info, I don't get it. And then after the clear it sometimes is impossible to get pages like TPU back on my thumbnails, like its been blocked, but restoring thumbnails doesn't fix it, any ideas?

And 2nd issue is, I've had this happen a few times, after install Chrome usually has your thumbnails as default homepage, but sometimes it has google as the homepage, but if you click to add a new tab (after the 1st) they will go to the thumbnail page, its just the original load in that goes to google. If anyone has solutions for this, that would be great! *Toast :toast:

1Kurgan1, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues - Similar Threads - Issue Google Chrome

2. sluggish issues and google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sluggish issues and google chrome: PLEASE HELP!1. So, I booted up a game on steam that ended up crashing and I decided after waiting, to physically press and hold down the power button my laptop so I could do a shut down. 2. my laptop restarted and updated what I can only presume is a windows update. FYI I...
  3. sluggish issues and google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sluggish issues and google chrome: PLEASE HELP!1. So, I booted up a game on steam that ended up crashing and I decided after waiting, to physically press and hold down the power button my laptop so I could do a shut down. 2. my laptop restarted and updated what I can only presume is a windows update. FYI I...
  4. Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues: Hi there,I posted the below on the Google Chrome support site, and it was recommended that I also seek solutions here as one of the experts said it may be something more to do with Windows than Chrome itself. I'm desperate to get an answer from someone!For the past few days,...
  5. Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Google Chrome - cursor flickering with 'loading' circle, causing other issues: Hi there,I posted the below on the Google Chrome support site, and it was recommended that I also seek solutions here as one of the experts said it may be something more to do with Windows than Chrome itself. I'm desperate to get an answer from someone!For the past few days,...
  6. cursor and other issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cursor and other issues: my pc's screen suddenly went black for a second and when it came back on my mouse started looking weird like there are 2 cursors or something this is the 2nd time this has happened the first time it was corrected by turning off the pc and restarting please help is this some...
  7. Google Chrome Site issues

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Site issues: I've had this problem for several months I believe but just never really took the time to figure it out. Full disclosure, I do not work for T-mobile, nor am I advertising for them. I'm simply using their site as an example. Basically, I would go to this site, fill out the...
  8. Google chrome won’t open and a few other issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google chrome won’t open and a few other issues.: I have a second hand HP omen 17, and so far it’s been pretty good, but I’ve run into a few major issues. Google Chrome won’t open, at all. If I try to open it it immediately closes itself, no pop up saying it crashed or anything. i’ve tried everything the web told me,...
  9. Google Chrome Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Issues: Hi everyone anytime I open up google chrome it shortly there after crashes no error message or anything. When I open google chrome a windows sound plays I’m not sure what it’s called though. Does anyone have any ideas submitted by /u/SpokenThread [link] [comments]...
  10. Issue logging in to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue logging in to Google Chrome: Is there a setting that, as before, will not have the computer ask if I want to modify settings each time I log in to Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-logging-in-to-google-chrome/a1022414-5747-4c2a-b18a-2d27f510b95c