Windows 10: Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

Discus and support Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a windows 10, MSI gaming laptop and recently had a hard drive failure. Swapped the HHD out for a SSD. I booted into a Recovery USB and windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mkaars17, Oct 22, 2018.

1. mkaars17 Win User

Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

I have a windows 10, MSI gaming laptop and recently had a hard drive failure. Swapped the HHD out for a SSD. I booted into a Recovery USB and windows loaded. Soon after I started seeing issues with google chrome. Before the hard drive failure I never once saw an issue with google chrome.

Whenever I launch Chrome, the web pages are slow to load/ do not load at all. I receive the Error ( ERR_TIMED_OUT) frequently. However, internet explorer and edge will work just fine.

I have forgotten the WIFI from Network list then restarted my computer and issue persisted.
    I have reset/turned off my router/modem, restarted my computer and issue persisted.
    I have reinstalled/updated my Wireless internet driver and then did previous steps above and issue still persists.

Not sure if anyone on here knows if there is a problem with google chrome, but I have not found any similar post out on the internet.

:)

mkaars17, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

1. Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine - Similar Threads - Issue Google Chrome

2. Google Chrome not loading youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome not loading youtube: Chrome not loading youtube.com unless I go incognito or without login to google account. Tried removing extensions, clearing cache and browse history. complete uninstall using revo uninstaller I have 0 extensions I'm on google chrome version 92.0.4515.131 Windows 10 pro x64...
  3. Google chrome not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome not working: I bought a brand new windows laptop yesterday, because i need it to take an exam. Bing works fine and quickly, but i needed to download google chrome specifically for the exam. When it downloaded it was extremely slow sometimes it didn’t even load at all and eventually I...
  4. Google Chrome Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Issues: Hi everyone anytime I open up google chrome it shortly there after crashes no error message or anything. When I open google chrome a windows sound plays I’m not sure what it’s called though. Does anyone have any ideas submitted by /u/SpokenThread [link] [comments]...
  5. Google Chrome is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome is not working: Google Chrome has crashed on my PC. I just see ‘Aw, snap!’ Something went wrong while displaying this website.’ Error code. STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-working/3e93800e-4005-4ad7-bfe8-ae8f7474ec9a
  6. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  7. Google Chrome not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome not working: Recently I was trying to download sheet music for piano and the website tried to install things on my pc. I believe one of them was called "Brave" and there were a few more but I can't remember the names. Anyways, I thought I took care of them but now (maybe 3 hours after)...
  8. google chrome not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome not working: Chrome will not load, can not reach settings, looks like a small window opens but its too fast to see what it is, get the Snap, unresponsive reply on a blank screen. Have uninstalled and re-installed Chrome twice, ran compatibility scan multiple times....
  9. Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.

Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.: Hi guys! Thank you for reading my problem! I got my laptop last year with Windows 10 preinstalled. For some reason, Edge doesn't have Internet connection. Every time I open it, it will say show the following:  Hmmm...can’t reach this page Try this Make sure you’ve...
  10. Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer: Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer as World’s Top Browser New data shows that IE is losing users very fast [img] The latest set of browser market share figures provided by Net Applications indicate that Microsoft’s strategy of replacing Internet...