Windows 10: Issue with Graphic driver

Discus and support Issue with Graphic driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a VIDEO TDR FAILURE a few days ago, and I was somewhat able to fix it by uninstalling my old graphic driver. This left me with using the microsft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jason w05, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Jason w05 Win User

Issue with Graphic driver

I had a VIDEO TDR FAILURE a few days ago, and I was somewhat able to fix it by uninstalling my old graphic driver. This left me with using the microsft basic adapter driver as my graphic driver, which greatly effects my performance of the computer. I tried to reinstall the driver I was using before AMD Radeon HD 8470 from the AMD site https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...-radeon-hd-8000-series-oem/amd-radeon-hd-8470, but it kept bringing me back to the VIDEO TDR FAILURE stop code. Is there any possible way for me to go back to a better driver? Am I downloading the wrong driver? I gladly appreciate any help!

:)

Jason w05, Apr 4, 2021

2. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Graphics Driver for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you update Graphic card drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.
    If the issue still persist follow method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to please get in touch with our
    Xbox Support team through below link to resolve the issue:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Our Xbox support team will assist you better in this regard.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Graphics driver failed durring installation

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Do you get any error messages while booting the computer normally?
    • What is the make and model number of the computer?
    This issue could have occurred if the driver is not installed properly.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode with Networking, I suggest you to install latest graphics driver and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2:

Now install latest graphics driver and check if you can boot the computer normally.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Issue with Graphic driver - Similar Threads - Issue Graphic driver

2. Graphics Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver issues: So, I tried to update my graphics driver Intel UHD and it's version is 27.20.100.9079 , I tried to run the automatic installer for the 31.0.101.2115 version. Everything is done, I check the version to see if it updated, it's still the old one but it tells me that it's up to...
  3. Graphics Driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Driver issues: So, I tried to update my graphics driver Intel UHD and it's version is 27.20.100.9079 , I tried to run the automatic installer for the 31.0.101.2115 version. Everything is done, I check the version to see if it updated, it's still the old one but it tells me that it's up to...
  4. graphics driver issues

graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  5. graphics driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  6. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  7. Graphic Driver Issue

Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  8. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Graphic Driver Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Driver Issues: Hi, i just built my first PC. I am having a really hard time installing my NVIDIA graphics driver. It keeps giving me the message "Graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows" even though i installed the x64 bit version of the driver AND using Windows 10...
  10. Graphic driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic driver issue: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_382017AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. Graphic driver is up-to-date, so I don't know what's causing the issue. 58643