Windows 10: Issue with hardisk eject

Discus and support Issue with hardisk eject in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Sir, I have tried a lot of actions watching on youtube but still coudnt do so. I have an hardisk of transcend and sandisk. in both I face an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonakSavla, May 30, 2020.

1. Issue with hardisk eject

Dear Sir,

I have tried a lot of actions watching on youtube but still coudnt do so. I have an hardisk of transcend and sandisk. in both I face an issue. while ejecting from the system tray in the right hand side lower side where that time is mentioned, so I get an issue

"This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again."

If can you help me I dont have any application too running please advice what needs to be done

:)

RonakSavla, May 30, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

An error occured while ejecting

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed in
    problem ejecting USB mass storage device
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 30, 2020
  3. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Issue with hardisk eject

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Issue with hardisk eject

1. Issue with hardisk eject - Similar Threads - Issue hardisk eject

2. ejecting external ssd issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ejecting external ssd issues: Having issues when I try to eject either of my SSD drives. Says it is open or still being used by another process after closing all folders and files. Sometimes it ejects, but most times it does not and I get the "Still in use" message. Any ideas on solving?...
  3. ejecting external ssd issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ejecting external ssd issues: Having issues when I try to eject either of my SSD drives. Says it is open or still being used by another process after closing all folders and files. Sometimes it ejects, but most times it does not and I get the "Still in use" message. Any ideas on solving?...
  4. ejecting external ssd issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  6. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  7. hardisk not accesible

hardisk not accesible: how to go to msconfig.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardisk-not-accesible/a9cc6caf-055f-451c-a12b-e5afff9d6e1d
  8. internal hardisk problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internal hardisk problem: i cannot access my D drive i.e secondary drive ... its not showing in the disk management also it has happened before the problem get automatically resolved when i restart my pc but this time its not resolving on its own...
  9. Safe eject has issues?

Safe eject has issues?: Hello, i've noticed an interesting fact while i was working with few usb's . Windows 10 , at least mine cannot eject usb's no matter if you just plugged it in , safe eject doesn't work . There is a message coming up "this device is currently in use close all programs...."...
  10. Issues with ejecting USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with ejecting USB: Is it just me or is there a known bug involving ejecting USB drives? Typically in 7 or 8 if I plug in my USB then transfer a file and close the window, I can easily eject it with no problems. With Windows 10 it seems like it holds the USB hostage for 5 to 10 minutes....