Windows 10: issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure

Discus and support issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the list is closed the spacing between icons is increased. Also it increases spacing between various window elements. Attached are the images. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vayu_s, Jun 25, 2020.

1. vayu_s Win User

issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure

When the list is closed the spacing between icons is increased. Also it increases spacing between various window elements. Attached are the images. Can somebody give a solution ?

issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure 28d2f377-6698-4410-b227-10d8ca3f3547?upload=true.png

After lid closure

issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure bedea3bd-8bc8-484a-ab61-f2121b9daec1?upload=true.png

:)

vayu_s, Jun 25, 2020

2. "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure - Similar Threads - issue icon spacing

2. Account Closure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Closure: Hello,I would like to close my business account associated with with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Just to be absolutely crystal clear, I will repeat request as I have two accounts with same name. I would like to close my business account associated with ***...
  3. Taskbar icon making spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon making spaces: When i open an app and in the taskbar the app make spaces like its not near from the other apps in the taskbar and how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-making-spaces/ef0a740c-49a5-4db3-a030-7d2d29d7076e
  4. Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3

Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3: I noticed on my computer that there seems to be a display issue bellow my taskbar. Sometimes it gets blurry and shakes. It just started to happen out of nowhere. It doesn't show up if I take a screenshot. I've done every possible update. Any idea of what is causing this?...
  5. Surface Pro Issue

Surface Pro Issue: So recently I've been having this issue with the Surface where after updating and restarting the taskbar does not respond. I've tried multiple "fixes" like the task manager "fix" and multiple other "fixes." So this is what happens, after updating and restarting I push on...
  6. Taskbar Disappears on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Disappears on Surface Pro: Hello, I have been having a problem on my surface pro when the keyboard is detached. I click on the keyboard icon to pop up my on screen keypad, and nothing comes up. After a few more presses, my taskbar at the bottom of the screen goes black, and I lose all control over...
  7. "Issue with taskbar icons"

"Issue with taskbar icons": On my taskbar, I found out that none of my icons on there are appearing (except for the "File Folder"). I tried going into task manager and resetting "windows exe" (don't remember full name, it looks like a file folder). But it didn't work. I tried to unpin the icons from...
  8. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  9. Taskbar Icon Spacing Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icon Spacing Normal?: How to fix this? or is it normal? [img] 96558
  10. Taskbar icon issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon issues: Hi. With Win10 I've noticed that left-clicking the volume icon at bottom right no longer works. Neither does the network icon. These icons worked right after install, but now randomly appear to just stop working. Other icons (program icons, for eg) next to them DO work, and...