Windows 10: issue with installing a office proffesional plus 2016

Discus and support issue with installing a office proffesional plus 2016 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok running latest widows 10 build 64 bit pro on virgin system. apparently i am not able to install office office proffesional 2016 of a disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markdoom II, Jan 12, 2020.

1. issue with installing a office proffesional plus 2016

ok running latest widows 10 build 64 bit pro on virgin system. apparently i am not able to install office office proffesional 2016 of a disk.

installer is 64 bit all i gtt is orange window with office logo blinks then a smaller window shows up with spinner circle telling me we are getting ready or some bs similar and then it just hangs and does nothing after that window disappears.

:)

markdoom II, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Scott Win User

Unable to install Microsoft office 2016 professional plus

I have a similar problem where a Office Professional Plus 2016 32-bit version has failed to install and is still unresolved. Here are my steps and the additional links from Microsoft which may work for you (but which have still not resolved my own problem)

Office 2016 Installation problem

Installing on a Windows 10 Desktop 8gm Rm running Office 2010 32-bit.

Microsoft advised us to first uninstall our old Office 2010 before installing the new Office 2016 program. Our Office 2010 had run well for 6 years, but that is when the installation problem began.

When trying to install the OFFICE 2016 32-bit package, it quickly stops with the following error:

When clearing that error, it always shows second error:

We researched blogs and found this problem to be very common whenever an older Office version was uninstalled prior to installing Office 2016, and we followed all the following suggestions (with full reboots each time).

1. RAN SFC on drive C: and found no errors.
    2. Ran RUN %ProgramData% and renamed Office.help to Office.Help.Old
    3. Ran the MS Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
    4. Ran a Clean Boot.
    5. Ran Control Panel - in startup found Windows Installer was on and set for Manual.
    6. Went back to VLSC site 6 more times and downloaded a fresh Office 2016 (32-bit version) in case any files were corrupt, but I still got the same install messages.

Below are links to Microsoft that have worked for some, but not all, users. I believe Using Windows 10 UNIVSTALL (before) running the Office 2016 ISO file either removes an important registry entry, or inserts one that causes the new install to fail. Hopefully one of these will help you.

Microsoft Links

Scott, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Jan 12, 2020
  4. issue with installing a office proffesional plus 2016

Office pro plus 2016

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your questions:-

• Where did you purchase the product key? Is it from a retailer? -- No.
    • Did you get an error message when you open the file? -- No there has never been any error message.
    • When you say "I have checked the files on 2 other computers and they open faultlessly", did you save it to an external drive and opened it to different computers? -- Not exactly. I have local storage on my home network (a Western digital hard
      drive) connected to my router by ethernet cable. The files in question are on this hard drive accessible by 2 other computers (each of which has the same Office suite installed as my laptop).
    • Does the issue happen to specific files? – Difficult to be specific in that so far the screen fault has been present on 5 word files (all calendar documents) and 2 Excel files.

Just to be clear I do not have Office 365 Home, I have Office pro plus 2016 which, when installed has required a valid key to take off the 30 day ‘timer’. I have noticed no difference in functionality between before entering the key to
    that after the key has been entered. My question remains, therefore, am I correct in stating that (apart from the reminder that a key is required) Office pro plus 2016 functionality does not change as a consequence of entering a valid product key within the
    30 day period?

Hope this helps clarify matters.

MickScriven, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

issue with installing a office proffesional plus 2016

1. issue with installing a office proffesional plus 2016 - Similar Threads - issue installing office

2. My Office Professional Plus 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Office Professional Plus 2016: I wound up having to take my computer to be repaired after the May 2021 Windows update. Part of the problems were cause because I changes my Email account.The repairman put in a request to have my Security Information changed to reflect the new email account. I told him I...
  3. Office Professional Plus 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Professional Plus 2016: I can't I even choose the items in the in the ribbon on my computer for Office Professional Plus 2016. This is my computer and I should be able to set it up for the way I use it. Ruth...
  4. cant install office 2016 Pro Plus Retail (Microsoft HUP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant install office 2016 Pro Plus Retail (Microsoft HUP): hey i have a hard time trying to install my office suite after i upgraded my Mobo + CPU . i have tried everything i found online and did 2 fresh installs. but every time when i try to start the installation it says The following products can't be installed at the same time:...
  5. Installing Office 365 over Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Installing Office 365 over Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016: What is the best way to Install Office 365 (Home) over/in place of Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016? When I went from Office 2013 to Office 2016, somehow both editions showed up at the same time when I viewed Office Account - Product activation. The more I tried to fix it...
  6. activate office plus 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate office plus 2016: My office 2016 pst file crashed. I reinstalled it but I can't figure out how to activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-office-plus-2016/1c9293b8-a641-4b0e-b5e6-e13ebf44ebde"
  7. MS Office/Outlook 2016 Pro Plus

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office/Outlook 2016 Pro Plus: I recently installed MS Office Pro 2016 mainly so I could use Outlook 2016 as my default email along with Yahoo. However, when I click on anything in a message I get: "Your Organizations Policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more information...
  8. Unable to install Office 2016 Professional Plus 2016 in W10 1607

Unable to install Office 2016 Professional Plus 2016 in W10 1607: Hi there! Well, after reseting the PC to factory settings and reinstalled my drivers, I'm encountering a nasty problem... I?m just unable to install office 2016 in Windows 10, just when it's about to finish, stops, reverts all and says there was an error installing the...
  9. Unlimited Office Professional Plus 2016 for 4$?

Unlimited Office Professional Plus 2016 for 4$?: I saw a seller on eBay who sells this software saying it's uninstalled from scrap PC's, and sold for about 4$, what do you think? Is it legit? Should I give it a try? eBay link: **REMOVED** 90329
  10. Office 2016 Professional Plus activation

Office 2016 Professional Plus activation: Dear Forum Board, I have installed, office 2016 professional plus, on every load of the program get the option to activate office (Try/Buy/Activate) close that box and check the options and the account is activated, and is ok. Please see the below pictures 78819

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 office 2016 encountered an error during setup

2. Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup