Windows 10: Issue with installing a printer

Discus and support Issue with installing a printer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem started from the Windows update. Since that moment I’ve been unable to install a printer because in the Control panel the process sticks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClipperBolton, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Issue with installing a printer

This problem started from the Windows update. Since that moment I’ve been unable to install a printer because in the Control panel the process sticks in "Unspecified". I solve this issue by rebooting, after that the printer appears under “Printers”. I have this issue with a few computer in the system and it doesn't matter if it is a TPC/IP or USB connection

:)

ClipperBolton, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Wireless Printer Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter and.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the available drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Installing and Epson Printer issue

Hi GCam56,

I would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with your printer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Before trying to install the printer again, I suggest performing a clean boot. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.
    For the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows, please refer to this
    support article

NOTE: Please go to the section:
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Issue with installing a printer

Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Issue with installing a printer

1. Issue with installing a printer - Similar Threads - Issue installing printer

2. Issue Installing Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Installing Printer Driver: Hello,I'm having an issue installing printer drivers on a windows 10 32 bit machine. I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer's website, and tried using their auto-installer. That seemed to throw an error, which I then tried to manually add the printer and...
  3. Issue Installing Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Installing Printer Driver: Hello,I'm having an issue installing printer drivers on a windows 10 32 bit machine. I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer's website, and tried using their auto-installer. That seemed to throw an error, which I then tried to manually add the printer and...
  4. Issue Installing Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer Install issue

Printer Install issue: I am randomly getting this error message on computers, when trying to install a network printer via TCP/IP and installing using Canon's and Ricoh's universal printer driver I get the error in the screenshot. It doesn't happen on all my computers. I've installed...
  6. Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue: For a few months now, an update to my Canon G2000 printer has been showing in my Windows Update list. Each time it seems to install and immediately disappears from the list, however, if I again click Check for Updates, it reappears and then seems to install and immediately...
  7. Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer

Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer: I am unable to install the driver software for a Canon TR8520 printer on my Windows 10 Pro system. Canon technicians believe the issue to be related to Port Exceptions. They provided the following Port Exception list: Blocked ports Having trouble printing? Maybe your...
  8. Sharp Printer Installation Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sharp Printer Installation Issue: Please Check Sharp printer ar5623n is Support to Windows 10 or the solution of Error code:- 0x80040707 while installing a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharp-printer-installation-issue/38a3f999-6190-4cc1-8731-f09ac4710318
  9. HP Printer install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Printer install issue: i'm being blocked by administrator to run HP install software for my printer. I have administrator rights on my computerP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install-issue/9e609c9e-d28a-4680-9315-d21012ceddd8
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...