Windows 10: Issue with installing drivers manually

Discus and support Issue with installing drivers manually in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to manually update drivers for my android device on Windows 10, and I wasn't able to select one "from disk".This same problem persisted on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by McBallin, Dec 8, 2022.

1. McBallin Win User

Issue with installing drivers manually

I was trying to manually update drivers for my android device on Windows 10, and I wasn't able to select one "from disk".This same problem persisted on Windows 11 for me, as well as when I used 3 different drivers, or whenever I try to manually install any driver.

:)

McBallin, Dec 8, 2022

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Issue with installing drivers manually - Similar Threads - Issue installing drivers

2. Manual Windows Update Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manual Windows Update Installation Issues: Hello ,We are currently facing challenges with manually updating our product computers running on Windows. Our process involves downloading all available updates and installing them either manually or through a script, sequentially.However, we've encountered a few issues:Even...
  3. Manual Windows Update Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Windows Update Installation Issues: Hello ,We are currently facing challenges with manually updating our product computers running on Windows. Our process involves downloading all available updates and installing them either manually or through a script, sequentially.However, we've encountered a few issues:Even...
  4. Manual Windows Update Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with installing drivers manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with installing drivers manually: I was trying to manually update drivers for my android device on Windows 10, and I wasn't able to select one "from disk".This same problem persisted on Windows 11 for me, as well as when I used 3 different drivers, or whenever I try to manually install any driver....
  6. Issue with installing drivers manually

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with installing drivers manually: I was trying to manually update drivers for my android device on Windows 10, and I wasn't able to select one "from disk".This same problem persisted on Windows 11 for me, as well as when I used 3 different drivers, or whenever I try to manually install any driver....
  7. Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Unknown device drivers not installing manually: Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this time, I try to update it and nothing happens. I go to manage devices Other devices Unknown device Browse my computer Pick...
  8. Unable to install driver manually

Unable to install driver manually: Hi, I wanted to use my Guitar Hero Live controller for Xbox 360 on PC. To use it, I read that you need to use the driver 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtyrvJ2YUCw. So I update the driver and pick the correct driver...
  9. manually install device driver

manually install device driver: PC isn't automatically picking up a new device...how do I manually install a device driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-install-device-driver/1366fd37-5da6-44c5-ba4c-b3934eb914cf
  10. how to manually install a camcorder driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to manually install a camcorder driver: I can not download video from a memory card, I have an original driver of my camcorder. It didn't install automatically. How can I install it manually....