Windows 10: Issue with installing HP Color LaserJet2600n printer on Windows 10

Discus and support Issue with installing HP Color LaserJet2600n printer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Color LaserJet2600n printer that I want to add to my new Windows 10 computer. No matter what I've tried, install original CD, run HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhillipHeavner, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Issue with installing HP Color LaserJet2600n printer on Windows 10

I have an HP Color LaserJet2600n printer that I want to add to my new Windows 10 computer. No matter what I've tried, install original CD, run HP Print Dr, etc.--the printer is not recognized and nothing prints. I now find that there is a software app listed for "Color LaserJet 2600n" which will not uninstall (as the Uninstall feature says "Setup has encountered an abnormal Program execution" and shuts down). Any thoughts? I'm out of them.

:)

PhillipHeavner, Apr 15, 2019
  2. bookfox Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Issue with installing HP Color LaserJet2600n printer on Windows 10

Printer color

Hi Sofia,

There are some possible reasons why we are experiencing this problem:

• Printer running low on ink
    • Outdated printer driver
    • Issue with a Color profile

For best resolution, we suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your printer.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Issue with installing HP Color LaserJet2600n printer on Windows 10

1. Issue with installing HP Color LaserJet2600n printer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issue installing Color

2. Installing a HP printer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a HP printer on Windows 10: How can I install a HP 7300 series All In One printer to my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-hp-printer-on-windows-10/0946571b-4ee3-4f9d-a159-205665e0f1f8
  3. HP Printer install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Printer install issue: i'm being blocked by administrator to run HP install software for my printer. I have administrator rights on my computerP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install-issue/9e609c9e-d28a-4680-9315-d21012ceddd8
  4. Printer (HP Photosmart 7520) / Windows 10 issue?

Printer (HP Photosmart 7520) / Windows 10 issue?: Printer no longer and or previously intermittently does not display "Preview" LED as a option. Printer believes it is in Automatic Document Feeder mode. I have researched, re booted, etc.. Many comments say it is a Windows 10 issue and then many other comments. I am enrolled...
  5. HP printer issues

HP printer issues: Good night HP printer printing with parts of lines missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issues/30c36937-fb79-40ee-9870-2e8c4eade8bc
  6. HP CP2025 Printer will not print color.

HP CP2025 Printer will not print color.: Printer works well with Mac-prints color. Will not print in color from Windows PC. ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-cp2025-printer-will-not-print-color/617d2369-bcf8-45e3-9803-b0fca23af274
  7. hp color laserjet 3600n printer

hp color laserjet 3600n printer: how do i install driver for this printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-color-laserjet-3600n-printer/b5efc1ed-a20f-4990-b6e7-eaf5aec6485c
  8. HP 6830 printer not printing colors

HP 6830 printer not printing colors: Why is my HP 6830 printer not printing colors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-6830-printer-not-printing-colors/05dda613-c4d3-456e-a5cb-a5dc66f71ff0
  9. Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?

Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?: I've had this problem for about a week now. It says this in Windows Update: "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • HP - Printers -...
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...