Windows 10: Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X

Discus and support Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried many times to install SQL Server Express 2019 or 2022 on my computer but I was all the time unsuccessful and I really need it for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Victoria Tougas Tremblay, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X

I have tried many times to install SQL Server Express 2019 or 2022 on my computer but I was all the time unsuccessful and I really need it for a university level class.Here are my Device specificationsIssue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X :Device name TABLET-DH9MJLBO Processor Microsoft SQ1 @ 3.0 GHz 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.54 GB usable Device ID 61D1406E-3AE3-4B57-9B79-131494F1BDEB Product ID 00356-06274-11309-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points Here are my Windows specifications:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎

:)

Victoria Tougas Tremblay, Dec 5, 2023

2. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

Hi

I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator.

It just fails with:

Unable to install SQL Server (setup.exe).

Exit code (Decimal): -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'.

Then the location of the Log file which is in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log

So how do I resolve this???

Looking at my Folders and Apps & Features I seem to have various earlier SQL Server files/Apps installed - From 2012 (11.x), 2014 (12.x) and 2016 (13.x)!

BUT - I think these must have been installed by other Programs/Apps using some SQL Server features as I have not installed SQL Server?!?

Is the error above saying it cannot uninstall (or configure) SQL Server 2012 Native Client? - If so how do I resolve this?

FYI - I have ODBC Drivers "SQL Server" 10.00.19041.01 (SQLSRV32.DLL) and "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" 2011.110.7462.06 (SQLNCLI11.DLL), since I have been accessing remote SQL Servers via ODBC!

So is it the ODBC Driver causing the issue? - I still need ODBC access to a SQL Server (2014?) and to Azure SQL!

Help please as I am stuck and I need to do work with SQL Server Express. Thanks.

HenryLiveAcc, Dec 5, 2023
  3. SQL Server express 2016 not installing on windows 10 pro

I downloaded SQL Server express 2016 which seems to be supported on windows 10 pro. The install claims my OS isn't supported.

What is the latest version of sql server I can install? Is there something I need to do to trick 2016 into installing on windows 10 pro?

Jimbo88888, Dec 5, 2023
  4. dssds1 Win User

Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X

SQL server Express Edition

What's the last version of SQL server standard i can use on Windows 7 SP1?

Also, I DID install the express edition 2014, but i found out that the "SQL Agent' is not functional.. you must have full SQL for this..

SQL Server Agent (SQLEXPRESS) automatically stop

SQL agent in Express 'starts', then 'stops' and unable to even start the services in services.msc..

There are 'possible' workarounds like deleting and creating new user under Users & Groups, but that doesn't work either for me.

If SQL server standard my only option ? I'm assuming the SQL Server Agent brings mage and control dabases which is what i need in Nopcomerence.

dssds1, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X

1. Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X - Similar Threads - Issue Installing SQL

2. Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Installing SQL Server Express on my Microsoft Surface Pro X: I have tried many times to install SQL Server Express 2019 or 2022 on my computer but I was all the time unsuccessful and I really need it for a university level class.Here are my Device specifications:Device name TABLET-DH9MJLBO Processor Microsoft SQ1 @ 3.0 GHz 3.00 GHz...
  3. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install: Hi,I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition.The installation .exe file downloads fine from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=101064When I run the installation file, it shows this error:I follow the link, which downloads the...
  4. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install: Hi,I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition.The installation .exe file downloads fine from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=101064When I run the installation file, it shows this error:I follow the link, which downloads the...
  5. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition: I'm unable to install SQL Server 2019 Express Edition. Every time it's giving me this errorOops...Unable to install SQL Server setup.exeExit codeDecimal:-2068052310Error description: Error writing to file: microsoft.sqlserver.batchparser.dll. Verify that you have to that...
  7. Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition: I'm unable to install SQL Server 2019 Express Edition. Every time it's giving me this errorOops...Unable to install SQL Server setup.exeExit codeDecimal:-2068052310Error description: Error writing to file: microsoft.sqlserver.batchparser.dll. Verify that you have to that...
  8. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails: Hi I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator. It just fails with: Unable to install SQL Server setup.exe. Exit code Decimal: -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server...
  9. Sql server 2016 express installation error

Sql server 2016 express installation error: i have tried all the solutions on the internet of clearing the registry and removing all previous sql installs and even running it on admin privillages but it keeps showing this error. TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure. ------------------------------ SQL Server Setup has...
  10. SQL server 2017 Express Edition

SQL server 2017 Express Edition: Hi I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL server (setup.exe)....