Windows 10: issue with laptop hardware(need help)

Discus and support issue with laptop hardware(need help) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First of, sorry if it's not related to windows 10, but I really need help with a problem my laptop is facing since its my only school laptop . I own an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by popopppoooppppp, Nov 21, 2017.

1. issue with laptop hardware(need help)

First of, sorry if it's not related to windows 10, but I really need help with a problem my laptop is facing since its my only school laptop . I own an acer e5 575g 53vg, and recently I dropped it. Now, everything is working as normal but the thing is the bottom part of the bezel snapped off and the right hinge is loose. Screen works perfectly fine and all but I have super difficulty opening it as the hinge would snap and make large sounds before I can open it fully. How much does it cost to repair just the bezel and a hinge? And is there a way I can fix it using just home tools? I very much appreciate any help given*Smile

:)

popopppoooppppp, Nov 21, 2017

2. I need help with Windows 10 Issue

Thank you for replying.

While I was waiting I had a hard time with my Windows 10..it was slow and I could barely do anything so I ended up going back to Window 7.

Nikolina Cvetan, Nov 21, 2017
  3. I need help with Windows 10 Issue

Ever since I upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 for free..I've been having issues with my touch pad, sound, and microphone. Nothing seems to be working properly.

I am using a Synaptic TouchPad and it doesn't want to scroll and my audio only sometime works. My microphone seems to be working but I don't hear anything when I click on Listen to Device in the settings.

I updated everything and even uninstalled and reinstalled..nothing seems to help

Edit: Apparently when I went on Twitch, I can hear other peoples broadcast.. I just can't hear anything on Youtube.

Just when I lower the audio..then the sound from peoples Twitch broadcast stops working.

Nikolina Cvetan, Nov 21, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

issue with laptop hardware(need help)

Price, ugh, that depends on too many factors, from your location to who is doing it. Until you take it somewhere and get an estimate, it's impossible to say.
    As for home repair, plastic you can glue on with Crazy Glue or any instant glue like that but hinge may be bent and probably is screwed on from inside and some screw popped out.

CountMike, Nov 21, 2017
  5. Would it be in any way like 200 dollars or something? I mean, it's just the bezel and hinge. And if you don't mind me asking do you have a rough estimate?

popopppoooppppp, Nov 21, 2017
  6. One option is to search the Internet for one for sale "for parts". You might get lucky and find one with a dead motherboard, or display that doesn't work. Then just salvage what you need to fix yours. Its a long shot but it can't hurt do a quick search online.

alphanumeric, Nov 21, 2017
  7. sml156 Win User
    If it was my laptop I would search YouTube for the make and model of it, You are almost guaranteed to find someone who has taken it apart.

Most of the time taking it apart you will be able to snap whatever needs snapping back in to fix it, Just only go as far as you feel comfortable with.

sml156, Nov 21, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I agree with what @sml156 posted. Look for a disassembly youtube video.

NavyLCDR, Nov 21, 2017
  9. I agree also. If you can take it apart without breaking anything else. You may be able to fix it with some gorilla glue or epoxy. Epoxy would be my choice. Just be real careful using it around the hinge. You don't want to glue it shut of stuck open.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. issue with laptop hardware(need help) - Similar Threads - issue laptop hardware

2. Need help with an hardware error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with an hardware error: So here is my problem:Last Sunday I reseted my PC but kept my files. After the reset, however, my computer got glichty and also had tons of random death screens the blue ones with the ":". So I tried a full reset. But it didn't work and I got an error message. I tried many...
  3. Need help with an hardware error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with an hardware error: So here is my problem:Last Sunday I reseted my PC but kept my files. After the reset, however, my computer got glichty and also had tons of random death screens the blue ones with the ":". So I tried a full reset. But it didn't work and I got an error message. I tried many...
  4. Need help with an hardware error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hardware Error need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Error need help: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎08-‎04-‎2022 15:00StatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffb689115d2010Parameter 2:...
  6. Hardware Error need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Error need help: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎08-‎04-‎2022 15:00StatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffb689115d2010Parameter 2:...
  7. Locking issue on laptop help needed!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Locking issue on laptop help needed!: My laptop randomly locks when I play a game how am I to fix it. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-issue-on-laptop-help-needed/35d51ed7-3c10-46ab-96e7-ee7027e41b0e
  8. Need help with upgrading of hardware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with upgrading of hardware.: Hi there! I need to replace some of the hardware in my PC, due to electrical damage. I will list as much information as I can, but please ask if you require more info, or if something does not make sense. (English is not my first language). Here is a list of the current...
  9. Hardware changed, need help with activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware changed, need help with activation: Hello, English is not my native language so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes. I changed hardware today (motherboard, cpu and ram), because I need more fps with my games. Everything worked well, but there is now a text at the bottom right "Activate Windows Go to Settings...
  10. Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!: So here's the thing, I'm going to start saying that I'm reading has hours thru loads of forums. I sure this one is the most detailed and organized one. Next, I'll put my computer setup first: Processor: amd fx 8150 3,6ghz Memory: x2 4gb ddr3 Graphic card: GTX 1060 exoc...